Pre soften

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robyn8686

Reaction score
Hi was wanting some advise on pre softening! I have a client who has very resistant white hair I use matrix 508N on her which has worked great but the last few times hasn't covered 100% like usual! I've tried a few different things n I'm doin her hair tomorrow so was goin to see if pre softening would work!!! I usually do bleach highlights with the colour inbetween on the regrowth! Can I just do the highlights then go straight in with a 6% then go straight over the top with 508N or do I need to pre soften before the whole process rinse then do colour application as normal??? Thanks in advance x

Hi was wanting some advise on pre softening! I have a client who has very resistant white hair I use matrix 508N on her which has worked great but the last few times hasn't covered 100% like usual! I've tried a few different things n I'm doin her hair tomorrow so was goin to see if pre softening would work!!! I usually do bleach highlights with the colour inbetween on the regrowth! Can I just do the highlights then go straight in with a 6% then go straight over the top with 508N or do I need to pre soften before the whole process rinse then do colour application as normal??? Thanks in advance x

I've only ever presoftened when doing one tint all over, that was on an Asian lady(very stubborn hair+grey arghhh!! Lol) and applied tint over straight after, as my manager at the time instructed me to do xxx

How did it turn out?? X

I would presoften bout half way done the head of foils. Just dab a little 6% on the stubborn spots, finish foiling, dry wipe the 6% areas then apply the base formula starting on presoftened spots right over the the 6% areas time as usual.

I'd pre soften all hair, blast it dry, then colour as normal.

You can't dry it I. Once you've done your foils. The bleach will take quicker, but will swell too meaning bleeding is more likely.

Pre softening all of it first avoids that and doesn't effect your usual timing

This may sound stupid but why are you doing bleach highlights on 100% white hair, there's no colour molecules to bleach out?

Latest posts

Back