Pregnancy and hair dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybeauty

Reaction score
guys i want to dye my hair brown all over and was wondering what dyes are safe in pregnancy?

will be hoping to do it myself.

any tips?

thanks all :D

hi. i was told at college that hair dyes were safe through pregnancy as there is no was that colour can get in to your blood stream. the only thing i would say is that because of the hormones it may not take as well as what it normally does. i would go and get it done professionally though as if this does happen it can be sorted out if you do it with a home colour the salon may not be able to rectify the problem then it will just cost u more money in the long run.
hope this helps
good luck with the pregnancy!

Hi There,
Nobody on here can give you professional advice on Box colours, I think I can speak for all the Hair Geeks on this site when I say they should be banned!!
But as for dying your hair when pregnant I Personally Wouldn't, as the body absorbs everything that you put on the skin.
Even though there's little scientific evidence to support the whole thing, The first trimester is when you need to be careful.

good luck

obviously being a hair pro, i would advise that you have your hair coloured by a professional especially if you are blonde wanting to go dark! i have 16 years experience and only once the colour hasn't taken correctly on a pregnant lady, it did not come out the wrong colour but just did not go as deep! there is so little peroxide and ammonia in colours now that they are safe to use, i have NEVER had a problem! hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back