Pregnant and mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua_Gecko

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Any suggestions for a better way to carry my kit around as I get further along? My Roo bag is perfect but getting a bit heavy and awkward and I still have to carry separate bags for desk fan, nail art etc. I thought about a trolley for everything but is this going to be a pain getting in and out of the boot? What did you fellow pregnant Mobile therapists use?

Hi everyone

Any suggestions for a better way to carry my kit around as I get further along? My Roo bag is perfect but getting a bit heavy and awkward and I still have to carry separate bags for desk fan, nail art etc. I thought about a trolley for everything but is this going to be a pain getting in and out of the boot? What did you fellow pregnant Mobile therapists use?
Hi.
I’m not pregnant but I have been Mobile for 7 years & I know I definitely wouldn’t want to lift & carry my things all day everyday if I was heavily pregnant. The important thing is you have to look after yourself & your baby, & if you’re finding it difficult lifting things now it’s not going to get easier unfortunately . Is there a place you can set up at home for clients to come to you instead as you get further along.
Xx

Are you a nail tech or are you a beauty therapist? Only reason I ask is I'm mobile and pregnant last year, it was so difficult. I had to give up a lot of my treatments early on due to PGP. I still managed to do nails and pedicures (just, I was told to stop and pushed myself too far [emoji30]) I use nail harmony bags for nails that I can literally fit everything in.
I ended up not being able to do any treatments that involved carrying my portable beauty bed. Pedicures became a real problem and due to PGP it was excruciating. I definitely think there comes a point where you have to give it a rest.
If it's just nails you do, it will be easier but just make sure you don't over do it and listen to your body xxx

I worked up until my due date with both my children. I managed to carry all my stuff but has to give myself extra time as it took more trips to the car! Most of my clients were amazing in helping me carry stuff. Good luck x

Im 6 months pregnant and was mobile. I do hair, makeup and beauty and it was getting to be a pain carrying everything around. I decided to rent a room until baby is born. After the birth I will go back to mobile

Latest posts

Back