Prep spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen mobile tan

Reaction score
Hi just wandered if anyone uses prep spray and if it's worth investing in

I do use it on occasions - best to have it to hand than to need it and not have it.

I spray mostly in the evenings and my clients sometimes will admit to having moisturiser, deodorant etc on as they have come straight from work.
It shouldn't be used to replace the usual exfoliate prior to tanning of course but good for removing any potential barriers and perfectly prepping dryer areas (such as the shin on some of my older clients) prior to tanning.
Hope this helps :)

Aww thanks Rachel u so helpful is there any brands u would recommend I'm only learning at the moment I'm just using samples and I've tried suntana solution and one called siennasol which is Wat I got with my machine but it seems quite watery as I'm new I'm not sure which one is best I no it all depends but I sprayed my friend with a 16% and it wasn't really even that dark the suntana seems a lot thicker and the colour seems to be a lot darker

I really would advise waiting to go on your course before spraying people. It might look easy to spray but there is an art to it and understanding how best to use your gun.

All the questions you've asked lately will be answered on your course and will make much more sense.

Thanks polly I wanted to get sum practice in as I think the best way to learn is through trial and error I'm only spraying family no paying customers I've read all my course info just the practical day to go I try researching online but all the info is so different and confusing so many websites ect

I understand your reasoning. I just think you might end up confusing yourself even more. I read lots of stuff before my practical which lost me abit but made perfect sense once I had done the course. Do you have long to wait?

Thanks polly I wanted to get sum practice in as I think the best way to learn is through trial and error I'm only spraying family no paying customers I've read all my course info just the practical day to go I try researching online but all the info is so different and confusing so many websites ect

I agree with pollypocket, I think you'll end up confusing yourself as each system & trainer go about things a slightly different way. Ultimately I think you ll be picking up bad habits! Just wait they ll be plenty of time for practice after! Good luck!

Hi Helen,
Happy to help :)
I use Suntana and cannot recommend them enough.
The solutions speak for themselves as you have found - good quality, good bronzer guideline and fab natural results!

Good luck on the course ;)

Thanks I've now ordered all 5 of there solutions after doing a few of my friends I loved the colour and the smell its amazing I also love the fact there sell all the appointment cards etc just gotta wait for it to all come now

Latest posts

Back