Price change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane Mason

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

I recently moved into a new place and have raised my prices. My question is how do I go about telling my clients about the prices? Should I honor the old prices for the loyal clients that followed me or just say that “since the move, I have changed my prices”?

I don’t want to potentially lose clients but not sure how to approach this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
J

Can you send out an email/txt advising your existing clients of new premeis is and new pricing. I.e come along and see the new salon and grab a new price brochure?

Oh that's a good idea. Very casual. My only concern is this one client in particular that has her hollywood wax with me. I think I'll just be casual with it and tell her to check out my website as I've added new treatments and updated my prices. Do you think it may be an idea and a kind of thank you, if I kept my original price for her first wax with me in the new place?

Hi Jane, I put a poster up on the door saying that from 1 September 2012 there would be a small price increase, the idea being that they would see it on their way out. I printed the new pricelist and gave it to clients as well, saying that there would be a price rise. Most of my clients just said ok and I didn't lose any - only advice is don't apologise! We're very good at apologising for how much things cost - we forget that we (usually) give great value for money!!! Good luck x

Whenever I raise prices I set a date that it will take effect. For example, I am raising my prices at the start of the new year this coming year. So I have a sign posted on my station letting people know that it is happening. Honor your past loyal clients old prices up to that point, and just start anyone new on the higher price to begin with.

Oh that's perfect. Thanks so much for the replys!!

Latest posts

Back