Price for being in salon? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyJ

Reaction score
Hey geeks, just wondering if you could give any advice please.

A friendly salon owner has asked if i'd like to offer some mani services to her clients during the next couple of months before Xmas.
She knows I am just starting out as only been practicing on friends and family. She thinks it will prob be more elderly ladies that will have a file and polish. (shes also building her own beauty room atm so guess it's good to start introducing clients to New services & I get to build my confidence too, so we both get something from it)
Just wondering what the % charge normally is. I was thinking 60% to me 40% for her.
It's all my product, I will be taking my kit and table and using a corner in her salon just doing 4-5 hr shifts on Fri & sat until Xmas. She said no charge if I don't earn anything.
Does that sound ok? I have no clue how much it should be.
Any help appreciated thanks. X

Sounds perfect to me :) best of luck with it x

Brilliant thank you :) x

That sounds a good way to get started

Thank you CFBS. X
Does any one how it works with retailing? Do I have to give the same percentage split on any profit made too. Thanks. X

Hey geeks, just wondering if you could give any advice please.

A friendly salon owner has asked if i'd like to offer some mani services to her clients during the next couple of months before Xmas.
She knows I am just starting out as only been practicing on friends and family. She thinks it will prob be more elderly ladies that will have a file and polish. (shes also building her own beauty room atm so guess it's good to start introducing clients to New services & I get to build my confidence too, so we both get something from it)
Just wondering what the % charge normally is. I was thinking 60% to me 40% for her.
It's all my product, I will be taking my kit and table and using a corner in her salon just doing 4-5 hr shifts on Fri & sat until Xmas. She said no charge if I don't earn anything.
Does that sound ok? I have no clue how much it should be.
Any help appreciated thanks. X

I personally would have said 30% to her as you have to take the cost of providing the service out of your percentage to include your time and cost of products used.

Latest posts

Back