Price increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
Hey guys what's the best way to tell clients there will be a small price increase. I want to put a notice in the window now ready for the new year but I don't know how to word it! The price increase will only be for the colour services. Hellppppp!

I would just keep it simple & not go into too much detail, god supermarkets change their prices daily & no one questions it!! I would put something along the lines of "as from jan 2016 there will be a small price increase on some treatments/services Thankyou." HTH X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443261068.643006.jpg

This is the one we use when increasing our prices :) hope it helps x

Beauty salon near me have something along the line of 'due to suppliers increase in costs we are forced to raise some prices as of..' And as above 'we hope you are understanding and still feel you are getting the best service for..your money' then perhaps add they are more than welcome.to ask you any questions about it x

How about.....
WE NEED TO HAVE A DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING JUST LIKE YOU....
SO AS FROM TOMORROW, ALL PRICES WILL BE DOUBLED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
:p

Let's be honest....that's what we'd all like to say.

I put some of my prices up by a small amount in July after 2 years. My business cards had run out and I needed to get them reprinted so tweaked the technical prices but left my Cbd and bd as they were. Contemplated doing a sign or announcement on fb but in the end decided against it. As fluffy26 said, supermarkets change prices on a daily basis and don't feel they have to announce it so I didn't! Just got my new business cards printed and noone mentioned anything!

I've put mine up just recently, I gave my clients a months notice. I messaged them and put it on my fb page, I just said due to increase in rent my prices will be increasing slightly. I also mentioned it when they came for their appointments. X

Please don't feel you have to justify your price increases. Keep it simple. Just say "we will be having a small price increase from xxx".

I had a client who just said "you're wrong. You're making a big mistake. My husband hasn't had a pay rise for 3 years. " I took a deep breath and calmly said "I'm afraid my prices aren't based on your husbands salary". As she had challenged it, I went on to say that our suppliers had raised prices and we had absorbed these for some time but you don't need to proffer this x

Please don't feel you have to justify your price increases. Keep it simple. Just say "we will be having a small price increase from xxx".

I had a client who just said "you're wrong. You're making a big mistake. My husband hasn't had a pay rise for 3 years. " I took a deep breath and calmly said "I'm afraid my prices aren't based on your husbands salary". As she had challenged it, I went on to say that our suppliers had raised prices and we had absorbed these for some time but you don't need to proffer this x

Completley agree about having to 'JUSTIFY' our prices......If you don't like what we charge......
DO NOT COME.:p
I'm sorry to be blunt, but I for one, am sick to the back teeth of being 'challenged' about pricing.
It is what it is.....no negotiation, no haggle, no bartering.........
I would not dream of asking a client to justify THEIR salary.
Display your pricing clearly in the window, that way, if they think your a 'robbing bast**d', then they won't come in.:cool:
I hate it when they ask the price AS SOON as they enter the salon.
That is the deal breaker, not range of services, not quality of treatment, not the ambiance of the salon....JUST THE PRICE! :eek:.

Thanks for your responses! You've all helped me out a lot!

Great advice on this thread . . . my advice to summarise would be:-

Notify In Advance
Make it Clear & Put Up Signs
DON'T Be Apologetic (remember it's a sign of confidence and a growing business)
Charge the New Prices from the Day you state you will (no exceptions)
Remember to Get Rid of Any Old Price Lists!

If you want a way to know whether it is the right time to raise your prices (so that it will benefit your business) here is a great article about it: http://salonbusinesssecrets.com/when-to-raise-treatment-prices/

Note: It's one of my articles! :)

I've just always told my regulars as and when they've been in e.g my prices are going up to... from 1st november. so all my regulars know and all new custom get started at my new price right away.

Latest posts

Back