Prices & Combining Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Im trying to finalise my new price list for waxing treatments. So far so good however id like to do some waxing combos as most of my clients request multiple treatments...heres my question:

Im finding that if I want to create combination lists of most common treatments then Im going to end up with a list a mile long and im starting to confuse myself lol what do other geeks do? is it better to do something more simple by just saying "combine any 2+ treatments and get $5 off" if total value under $100, or, if over $100 then "combine any 2+ treatments and receive $10 off" or do it by percentage instead of money value, or put a minimum spend? Ahh now Im all confused again! Hope that makes sense? Love to hear your thoughts/expereience.

Thanks x

hi what i do is list the the waxing ( or other treatments) i do and underneather i writen offers on more than one area (or i.e tinting etc) please ask.

this way they can see they will get a reduction and you can charge accordingly. but if its the same client and she has the same thing each time make a note on her card.
i used to work in a salon and the client was charged a different total each time ...not good

hope this helps xx

Sent from my GT-S5660 using SalonGeek

Could you not save things like that for when your quiet and use the discount as a promotion? Xoxo

I don't discount any amount of waxing, except for full leg and bikini xx

Thanks for your replies!

Yes Susiray I want to avoid different prices etc thats why Id like to try and uniform my price list so each person knows what they are up for each time. To help with this Im thinking to break a few of my treatments down into categories so I can avoid people being charged differently. Ie brow tidy, brow shape, bikini tidy, bikini extended, Braz 1st time, Braz maintenance etc etc I cant very well charge the same price for a first time braz as opposed to a clean up 4-6 weeks later but I dont want to be saying "oh yes this time its $blah" and then for her friend (if they chat) its a different price etc i feel it just makes me a little more professional if I can lessen the gray areas.

So if Im breaking treatments down a little then you can see how by creating popular combo packages it starts to get a little convoluted! In short Id like to be able to encourage more than one treatment and as their reward give them a $1 or so off ie 1/2 Leg, bikini & Underarms as a combination is $64 individually its $66 but I dont want to use this as a one off special Id like it to be ongoing for certain combos. I suppose I could just select say 5 most popular combinations and leave it at that and anything else is as individual price. Am I making much sense?

I feel by trying to make this easier for me am Im making it worse? lol

I cant very well charge the same price for a first time braz as opposed to a clean up 4-6 weeks later
lol

Of course you can!
I have never found that after leaving it 4-6 weeks from their previous wax clients just need a "clean up" they have a full re-growth, unless they have been having waxing done for years.
I think you will find most salons have stand alone prices for intimate waxes although I have heard of maintenance prices I have never seen this advertised.

Waxing will be you bread & butter & by offering lots of different packages I don't think would be a good move.
You are probably best to do a full leg & bikini line £x & half leg & bikini line £x, then do packages/ bundles as previously mentioned for special offers.
If you really do want to do this, it would probably work out easier by saying something like "10% off for 4 or more areas waxed in the same appointment" x

Thanks Emma at Elite! I didn't think of it that way, that's a very valid point! I didnt know so many people ran with pure stand alone prices I think I'll give that a go too then. I just feel a bit bad about charging someone for the same treatment that has next to no hair the same price as someone with a lot especially when it would take different amounts of my time and product. How do you combat those issues? Sorry to be a pain! X

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back