Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy82

Reaction score
Ano I've posted about this before but I'm still not getting my head around it lol

For example clients looking for tape extensions. Priced them at 140 not sure how much gets added on for postage

Then you got what ever for fitting? £20 or more ?

Not sure people would pay that round where I am

So how do you get it cheaper ?

20 quid for fitting a full head of extensions?? No way!

You need to make about £50 at least!

Really ? As much as that's ?

I charge £30 per hour. In my area (small town) that's average. All depends on where you are.
Have you looked at other salons/stylists pricing in your area?

I haven't tbh I'm in a small town also and not really sure if anyone does them. I've got lots interested and then when I tell them the prices of hair I don't hear anything again lol and that's without the fitting on top. Mabe I should be looking at cheaper hair ?

You can offer cheaper hair as an option but also offer the decent stuff too, why would you consider doing hours of work for less than £20?

£20 either your really cheap or I'm really expensive, my cheapest fitting is from £230! And I'm busy with extensions

£20 either your really cheap or I'm really expensive, my cheapest fitting is from £230! And I'm busy with extensions

£230 without the cost of the hair?

I take the cost of the hair and postage (assuming that each order goes in undividually) so for example the hair costs £150, plus £8 postage.... then my hourly rate of £40 per hour for say 2.5hrs for bonds/micros. So it would come in at £258 as an example. Not one complaint as that then lasts for months :)
Edit: im in a small town saturated with hairdressers and "extensionists"...... but im still busy ;) xxx

God knows what I'm doing wrong then lol I'm only just starting out and feel totally defeated already. Everyone's just time wasting so far. So annoying when all I want is to get going. I defo don't think people round here would pay that tho.

I haven't tbh I'm in a small town also and not really sure if anyone does them. I've got lots interested and then when I tell them the prices of hair I don't hear anything again lol and that's without the fitting on top. Mabe I should be looking at cheaper hair ?
For a start you need to know who your local competition is.. This should have been one of the first things you did before starting out, then you can look at what they offer and build on what better things you can offer to attract more custom. £20 is not enough, if people won't pay then they are the type of clients you just don't need!

£230 without the cost of the hair?

Yepp £230 without the cost of hair, total costing starts around £460 for a full head 16"

I take the cost of the hair and postage (assuming that each order goes in undividually) so for example the hair costs £150, plus £8 postage.... then my hourly rate of £40 per hour for say 2.5hrs for bonds/micros. So it would come in at £258 as an example. Not one complaint as that then lasts for months :)
Edit: im in a small town saturated with hairdressers and "extensionists"...... but im still busy ;) xxx

I do the same.
Cost of hair, postage and bonding material
Hourly rate at £30ph
And then products if required.

wow im central london and am £25 ph may have to look at upping it to £30

Latest posts

Back