Primer with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello All!
I want to ask all you lovely techs here do you use primer when doing gel nails? I was taught to use primer when doing gel nails but i have heard many techs don't use it, will not using it make the gel extensions i make more vulnerable to lifting?

I am kinda worried cause i had a client today that wanted to do gel, a very young client (15-16) that also brought a bunch of her friends with her to watch, and having a bunch of 15 year olds all talking together while i try to do my work is not my ideal working conditions, so anyway, having all these people talk and ask me things i was getting a bit confused with what i was doing and i think that i forgot to primer one hand and now i am worried that her nails might drop, i did do a thorough preparation, she is leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be swimming and being in the water and i really would hate it if her nails on one hand fell. I am really not satisfied with the work i did and i am very disappointed with myself, i know most of it was because i haven't done gel nails in a while since everyone is only asking for gelish lately and another part was being distracted by people talking.

I think i am going to start applying a no friends on the appointment policy while doing nails, i really do not want this happening again.

People that don't use primer are most likely using a primer-less system! Biosculpture and CND Brisa are for example primer-less systems. If your system requires you to use a primer it will need a primer to stick. If you forgot you may very well get severe lifting soon:rolleyes:

I forgot to prime my friends nails when I was new to nails and they fell off the next day:eek:
She said to give up my uniform,but 7months on I'm doing great me thinks,don't be dissapointed,next time you won't forget!:wink2:

When i bought my gel system i was told i do not need to use a primer with them, they said i could if i wanted to but it is not necessary, i am using the akzent direct gel system. I choose to use a primer to be on the safe side.

When i bought my gel system i was told i do not need to use a primer with them, they said i could if i wanted to but it is not necessary, i am using the akzent direct gel system. I choose to use a primer to be on the safe side.

Okay! Maybe you'll be just fine then:hug:

Okay! Maybe you'll be just fine then:hug:

I really hope nothing bad will happen, i am still new to all this and its really putting me down to make stupid mistakes like that, i will contact my supplier though first thing in the morning to ask them.

I forgot to prime my friends nails when I was new to nails and they fell off the next day:eek:
She said to give up my uniform,but 7months on I'm doing great me thinks,don't be dissapointed,next time you won't forget!:wink2:

I did this with my sister's nails when i was still practicing, i was doing l&p nails on her and i put primer on one hand only and forgot the other, next day hand without primer had all nail extensions fall off :eek:

I really hope nothing bad will happen, i am still new to all this and its really putting me down to make stupid mistakes like that, i will contact my supplier though first thing in the morning to ask them.

Don't beat yourself up over 'stupid mistakes'!

Learn from each experience! Every treatment I do I go away & think 'what worked really well there & why'...
Then 'what will I not do again'.

It's all part of learning. Ok so you have been told how to do nails but you won't retain every single thing, and won't master every step immediately. The way you will learn is trial & error and then it will really sink in.

So now, you'll never have that many people present at a treatment. Lesson learned etc.

Don't get down about it but learn from it xxx

Latest posts

Back