Princess parties - questions which haven't been answered!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

i need help, i need to phone my client back in an hour to let her know what i offer. I used to do kiddy parties but it put me off because i didn't have a CRB check and i had a disastrous party which then just put me off, but it has been a year and i am ready to try again. I am in the process of getting a CRB check also and wondered how much i should charge for the following:

File and polish with a choice of nail stickers, special effect polishes and glitters = £? per head

File and polish with a choice of nail stickers, special effect polishes and glitters, also a glitter tattoo - £? per child

I don't want to over charge but i want to make it worth my while but I was thinking £8-12 kind of price range? also where is everyone getting their cheap pandora style bracelets, files and bits and bobs for party bags? i have read loads of threads on here but no one actually states where they get them from (i know for good reason but i need to know!) how much extra are people charging for this?

Thank in advance geeks!!! x

Hi,
I just charge £8 a head and £10 for the birthday girl as I include a gift.
You will be amazed what you can pick up in good old poundland!!! Stickers, jewels, gems, lip glosses etc.
No complaints so far!!!
HTH ❤
X

Ps. I do nails - glitter, shatter , gems.
Make up - glitter , bright colours, lots of gloss
Hair style - birthday girl gets curls and tiara.
Guests get crimped hair. All get a choice of colour, glitter or neon hair spray!
Xx

thank you :) good thinking, didn't think of glitter hairspray! i've had a look on ebay but bracelets and nail files come up quite expensive x

I'm another one for pound land :)
And then pick bits up in sales and clearance as you spot them x

funnily enough i'm going to the pound shop tomorrow! haha. what kind of things to you get from the pound shop? also how much extra do you all charge for a party bag and approx how much do you actually spend on it?

Ebay do good bits and bobs, for younger girls check asdas party bag section.

I got 6 pink gel pens, 6 flower rubber, 6 pink bracelets and 6 notepads for £3. 5-7 year olds love that kind of stuff.

Poundland is great too.

I give the option of party bags, some mums like to put them together.
I do invites though as I put a parental consent form with each.

I charge £50 for 2 hours.
I do nails and glitter tattoos.

£2 per party bag on top.

I'm trying to work on activated girls can do whilst I'm working on each girl. Games etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

thank you, i love asda party bag section! ooo i'm getting excited now. I was thinking of jewelry making or something along those lines, and then i thought, oh god, beads up noses and string in eyes! haha so maybe not x

I got my girls cheaper versions of pandora braclets from ebay for Christmas (as I was getting the real thing :o).

I ordered loads of beads from Hong Kong & China as they were the cheapest and I had plenty of time to get them ordered in. The girls love swapping and changing the beads to get new looks so if you bought in loads of the thong braclets and a huge bag of beads you could allow them to make their own bracelt for their party bag as an activity.

These are the kind of things I ordered for my then 5 & 9 year old (now 6 & 10) and we have had no trouble with beads up noses etc..

Buy more than 2 and you will get double what you order:
BRAIDED LOVE CHARM LEATHER BRACELET CORDS WITH LOBSTER 21CM CLASP | eBay

Buy more than 2 and you will get double what you order:
GENUINE REAL LEATHER PLAIN LOVE CHARM CORD BRACELET WITH METAL CLASP 20CM | eBay

LOT 188 PCS 925 Sterling Silver Murano Glass Bead Charm | eBay

Free ship 50x New Assorted Acrylic European Bead Fit Charm Bracelet Pick Color | eBay

Free ship 80x Tibetan Silver Roller Loose Bead Fit European Bracelet 150413 | eBay

New Mixed Style Bronze Tone Alloy Loose Bead Fit European Charm Bracelet TO PICK | eBay

thank you baggybear, thats great! i've just got in from work so have just started searching too! i'm abit worried i'm going to get it all and then not want to give it away! haha thanks everyone for your help! x

Hi just wanted to ask do you charge 2 hourly rate £50 for a certain amount of children? As i have been to parties were they have been 35+ children there and if you are doing hair as well as nails it may take sometime. So do u have a max and then charge extra per additional child? X

Latest posts

Back