Problem client with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
I have a regular client who I really cant afford to loose. She has had Shellac & Brisa Lite smoothing gel every 2/3 weeks since September last year. Since around Xmas time her nails which have always been in poor condition deteriorated as she went skiing twice & a few lifted so she picked them all off. Now Shellac is only lasting a few days!!! I knew she'd be a perfect candidate for IBX so I applied 1st treatment free of charge & wow the Shellac lasted 14 days with only a couple of small chips. I returned last Friday & removed, applied 2nd treatment of IBX & reapplied Brisa Lite smoothing gel and Shellac. Today I received a text three nails have chipped!!! I know she's barely using solar oil but has she picked these or is this chipped?? I dont know what to do as I thought the IBX was a miracle cure for her :confused: how do I keep her?
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1395864099957.jpg
    1395864099957.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 389
It looks like she has perhaps done some hefty manual work that may have damaged them. Its her right hand (most ppl r right handed) and its her thumb forefinger and middle finger which are used more than the other two. It looks like my regular nail varnish after i've done some housework. Maybe she isn't picking but isn't looking after them? I'm sure you prep the nail well and your application is fine so maybe its client care of her nails? I don't know what you can do to prevent it chipping. Do you pull your Shellac over the free edge to seal it? Silly question I know but i can't think why else the chips appear on the free edge unless its literally the way your client cares for her nails. Wish i could be of more help :-s

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I text her to say these are all on her right hand & the fingers used most. I also know she bought a small bottle of solar oil in Sept & has never purchased more which tells me shes not using it! I reminded her via text this evening she needs to be using it at leadt 1/2 times a day to nourish her nails and keep the Shellac flexible & in good condition. I did go back round and recap all the free edges but it still happening!!! Arrgggh.
Thanks for you help x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

In that case it looks like client damage. Its very frustrating especially when you kind of know they arent using the products you recommend or sell!
I had an acrylics client who kept breaking her thumb nail and would rip the rest off because one was damaged! Why not ask for a repair? Don't bite them off! After a while she admitted she would bite them off out of boredom. Again why not ask for removal? I can sympathise with your frustration. Clients eh?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

This happens to my shellac for 2 reasons only.......When I hand soak my baby's grows in vanish in the sink and when I use cillit bang in the bathroom!

It looks like she's had a little pick aswell once it's started and she's helped it ( what normal human can resist picking chopped nails? I can't lol ) xxx

Does she have delamination under the free edge area? Looks like the delam areas have flaked off and taken the shellac with it. Doesn't look like she's picked them off to me.

Just had closer look at pic and it also looks like you've gone to close to the skin at the sidewalls (not left a tiny margin) so it could well have lifted then chipped. It really doesn't look like this lady has done anything herself to them.

Sorry but I have to agree with waffle. Also I know it's thin to win but application does look v thin. Take them shorter still and really scrub with scrub fresh. Ensuring each and every layer is sealed not capped. But if you do all that and it's still happening then her nails may possibly be too bendy for the products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Back