Problem with hair dye fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadexx10

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry I feel like I am bombarding this forum but I need help please, I am actually starting to train on nails but I have a problem with my hair,
I get my hair dyed from mid/dark brown ro darkest brown but it fades back to my natural colour within weeks, I get it done by the best salon in my area supposedly and pay a bomb for it but it's not lasting. I just wanted to know if anybody knows of maybe a different dye I can ask for that may last longer? I love the colour it starts out at but I hate it when it fades, and I also want to get some extensions but can't even think about it while my hair is fading so quicky.
Thank you,
Jade xxx

you need to talk to your stylist...
maybe it is a semi she is using or not a good brand x

Thank you,
We have talked about fading before and she just did the roots again rather than just where the regrowth is but it hasn't made much difference, I will ask about the make next time and see if she could try one that should last longer, thanks for the advice.
You don't know of any dyes that are suposed to last do you?
Thanks again

You need to discuss shampoos etc you are using on your hair with your stlyist also as what you are using may not be suitable with colour products. Your lifestlye also: do you swim a lot, how often you shampoo your hair, any medication you are on. Your stylist would ideally discuss all these areas with you to enable them to offer the best advice.

Also if you straighten your hair alot that could be affecting your colour, or if your hair is in bad condition the colour will fade quicker, if so, ask your stylist if there are any treatments she recommends to help stop the colour from fading xx:hug:

Thank you for all the advice, I am booked in to see my stylist now on Friday so I will se what she says, I use Tigi colour shampoo so it's not as if I a using a cheap one or anything. My hair is in good condition and I don't straighten it that much. I will see what she says on Friday.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back