Problems curing-New bulb?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Hiya,
I've had problems today curing my Young Nails Finish Gel :irked: I cured all fingers except my thumb and it felt a little tacky (I cured for 1min 40sec) afterwards plus they seem to have lost a little of the shine :irked: When I did just my thumb (cured for same time) it was perfect?? Do you think I need a new bulb?

depends, if its shakey then yes, i usually d all fingers then do both thums separately cos of the setting problem, the light needs to get t o the whole nail so use the two thumbs last trick it bit longer but you gaurantee good results all round

UV lamp bulbs should be changed every 6 months or with 500 hours of use, whichever is the sooner, so it's worth making a diary note so that you know when they need replacing.

Also make sure you are using the correct lamp for the particular gel system you are using.

Last edited:
Yes, but which lamp? There are so many out there. I have been having a similar problem with my lamp, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, but then I bought it off ebay and have since learned from others here that lamps of ebay are not to be trusted. Why is it all so confusing for the newcomer?

Latest posts

Back