Problems with another therapist offering a different spray tan brand in my salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJ Frowen

Reaction score
Hi there I'm hoping for some advice with a situation that I didn't expect to be in. I've been spray tanning for a couple of years on a mobile basis and have a great client base, using a great product that my clients love. I left my day job last year to bring my tanning services to my sister's newly opened salon but then found out that my sister had offered another therapist the opportunity to spray tan around my hours. I was a little annoyed as i am available for all salon opening hours but thought it would be ok......
The other therapist offers a totally different service for the main part, whereas I was solely coming on board to tan as my main income. The other therapist trained and brought a different brand to the salon within a week of opening and I found promotional items all over the salon and on the pricelist and no sign of mine! It was suggested to me that we should push this other brand as it was a well known name and I did agree to try it. The clients who have had this tan have not been happy with the results, saying that it was far too pale and sometimes that it doesn't even look like they have had one at all (even with the darker solution).Some have not returned but most have done, requesting the tan I usually use. I The other tan therapist has mentioned to me that she doesn't know why she hasn't got any bookings and she is aware of the client feedback but i haven't felt able to tell her that i think it's the product she is using. After talking to my sister and other staff, it has been agreed that I won't use the other tan from now on but I feel in a difficult position as I don't want this other tan anywhere near the salon because it may give us a bad reputation. My sister agrees but it's been left up to me to sort it out with the other therapist which I think is unfair...has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what did you do?

Not been in a similar situation but from what you've said I personally would just continue to use your solution. They're you're clients and they like how you do things. So don't change.

Don't worry about what the other tanning therapist is doing, maybe just say "look have you tried using a different solution??" and then perhaps offer her a sample of your solution. Or if you're not happy with that, just suggest a new brand for her to try.

Ash x

I haven't been in this situation either but maybe sit down and have a proper chat with your sister about how you feel. If I were her I would be a bit worried about the deviation between products in the salon. I think it looks much more professional when there are certain brands and they are stuck to, although if you are both working as self employed therapists with your own clients this obviously isn't relevant.

Latest posts

Back