Problems with getting minimum wage for newly qualified over 25s?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobgirl

Reaction score
hi,

I'm new to the site. I just wanted to ask if anyone who qualified as a level 2 in hair over the age of 25 has had problems getting work in a salon due to the new £7.20 minimum wage? I'm in my 40s (!) and I am thinking about getting into hairdressing as a career change, that's one issue! I'm really worried though that if I spend a lot of cash getting qualified, will I get work afterwards because salon owners would have to pay me £7.20 per hour as opposed to a lot less for someone under 25 or an apprentice? If that is the case, then I might be wasting my time and money! I would love to have my own business one day or teach after some experience, but it's getting the experience. I would really love to hear your responses as it would mean the difference between going for this or not. Thanks lovelies x

If you are qualified and competent to carry out services then it shouldn't be an issue I don't think. If you are able to take bookings then you are bringing in money to help cover your wages.

Latest posts

Back