Problems with sculptured gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezzieb

Reaction score
Hi guys wondered if you could help sculptured gels are driving me mad ! 2 years i have been fully trained and still having problems ! I am now using Cuccio building gels and its so strange as mine are always fine but atill having problems with clients...latest problem my lady has snapped 4 nails within 24 hours ..i mean how is this possible i did all the prep properly...dehydtated the nail etc ..using a good bonder and cuccio is pretty hardwearing and she said 4 have snapped ...the photo she sent looks like it is across the breakline but some are further up? Im so fed up and not gonna have a buisness soon keep giving refunds pls help !!

Are you building good apex on gel? Is it cure full before you put layer on top? When I train we told to put structure base layer cure then do middle layer for strength and then top layer. I do not use your system but it sound to me that it can be problem with the structure if you have many break problem in client and if you are for sure that your preperation is done to company standard.
It maybe true that this lady does not follow aftercare advice on not using nail as tool and can be using hands often but I think if you have problem with many client it maybe true that problem is with structure or product and not client care of nails.
How thick of nail do you build? I know many client wish the nail be thin to look more real but is not good because product need enough support to last.

Thanks for the reply hun so ive tried so many gels and the cuccio system for me is the strongest but for some reason i seem to be still having these problems ...my steps are thoroughly cleanse and prep the nail plate, cleanse buff shape etc then use a dehydrater ....then i apply a CND primer put in the lamp for 30 secs then i use a rxtra strong bonder cure for 30secs then i apply ny forms ...then first thin layer of gel to create the shape ...cure for 60 secs then the second layer starting at the apex fairly thick and working towards the tip of the nail around the sides etc cure for 60 secs then i do one thin layer of top coat ..after i then file and buff?the nails are always fine when i check and the client leavws but this particular lady said after 12 hours this happened...( i have attached a photo )i mean one is okay can sometimes happen but 4 is odd ! So now im having wars with this lady and she's posting all over fb ...it makes you feel like giving up tbh...this has happened all the time only the odd one or two ? Much advise would be apprecaited.x

Attachments

• received_491047644666646.jpeg
    received_491047644666646.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 53
  • received_490278414743569.jpeg
    received_490278414743569.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 51
Snapping is nothing to do with prep, its down to structure, there is a lack of strength, hence the breaking. The nails are a little flat, there is not enough product at the stress point, they need more apex.

Okay thanks for the feedback my problem is my ladies hate thick nails you just cant win :(x

Okay thanks for the feedback my problem is my ladies hate thick nails you just cant win :(x
Try to create the apex (strength) in the back third of the nail, then taper gently to the free edge so that the client doesn't feel it is so 'thick' - the strength needs to be in the *apex*, not so much on the tip - best of luck xxx

Latest posts

Back