Gel nail problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi a friend of mine has bought a gel lamp to do her own nails and I talked her through the process..prepping the nail, priming the nail, base coat, colour, topcoat. However she is using Cuccio base and top coat(I've never used them before) and sensational gel polish. However it just isn't curing, going clumping and wrinkling when coming out the lamp.

Im stuck on suggestions, help!

Hi a friend of mine has bought a gel lamp to do her own nails and I talked her through the process..prepping the nail, priming the nail, base coat, colour, topcoat. However she is using Cuccio base and top coat(I've never used them before) and sensational gel polish. However it just isn't curing, going clumping and wrinkling when coming out the lamp.

Im stuck on suggestions, help!

You haven’t said whether your friend is currently in training, but either way, it’s most probably because she’s not using the appropriate lamp, as well as mixing systems.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/uv-lamps-explained-why-any-old-lamp-just-won’t-do.323988/unread

I agree with both comments above but I am thinking it's most likely her lamp or too thick gel application that's the cause, only because Cuccio's top coat states it's universal and can be used over any product. Although I don't do this now, I have done in the past before I learnt that mixing systems is not a good idea and I didn't have any service breakdowns using it. (This was whilst trialling new brands, before investing in the full system).

Latest posts

Back