Product knowledge gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leiah B

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the nail world and looking for some product recommendation.

I'm looking for a reliable gel polish and the same product lamp but this is not essential.

I'm after something cost effective and affordable but also reliable and good quality!

I'm midland based uk if this helps.

Thankyou x

Hi. A good UV/LED nail lamp is dual light and can cure all gels. You don't need to care of the brand of the gel polish.

I have a duel lamp and after trying two brands im still looking for a gel polish that only needs 2 coats on.most and that dont peel..and is easy.to remove! Its tough. X

Thanks ladies what watt would I need ideally? Andthing else I should look for? What makes and products do you both recom

Hi. A good UV/LED nail lamp is dual light and can cure all gels. You don't need to care of the brand of the gel polish.
I'm sorry, but this is bad advice. Brands do matter, and not all gels can be safely cured with one lamp.

someone make a video test on youtube

Hi, gelish is fab. Applies like a dream but imo it's expensive as is the lamp. I've heard good things about the gel bottle and ink londons ilac/xlac one is a 3 step with base, colour, top and the other is one step I think they are reasonably priced and you can buy a try me kit for £20 ish just bought the trial kit myself so will update when I've tried it x

This is hardly scientific evidence. Have you heard of Doug Schoon?
yes. I read one of his article. He said there is no one nail lamp can cure all gels. But there are many people test the nail lamp, would you also like to test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not. I am not a scientist and neither are you. I use the lamp recommended for each system I use. That's what real professionals do.

Definitely not. I am not a scientist and neither are you. I use the lamp recommended for each system I use. That's what real professionals do.

this UV LED nail lamp, other nail technicians test it can cure nail UV gel, nail builder gel, nail sculpture gel,
rhinestone gems gel, CND Shellac, OPI and LED nail gel and so on. It is just an innovation comparing to the traditional nail lamp.
It doesn't matter, everyone will have their own loved tools. Thank you

Last edited:
his UV LED nail lamp, other nail technicians test it can cure nail UV gel, nail builder gel, nail sculpture gel,
rhinestone gems gel, CND Shellac, OPI and LED nail gel and so on. It is just an innovation comparing to the traditional nail lamp.
It doesn't matter, everyone will have their own loved tools. Thank you
Oh if it's Doug's it sounds promising. Can you show me his article/nail lamp etc? I'd like to try it

Oh if it's Doug's it sounds promising. Can you show me his article/nail lamp etc? I'd like to try it
Nah, she sad this nail lamp. The one she's pushing.

Ah didn't get that. I'll pass then

Very wrong advice. Some can some can't. It's not for us to guess.
Check with the product company that the lamp you have in mind is suitable before wasting your money.
If undercured you risk allergic reactions and product breakdown on your clients, neither of which will help build your business or your reputation.

Very wrong advice. Some can some can't. It's not for us to guess.
Check with the product company that the lamp you have in mind is suitable before wasting your money.
If undercured you risk allergic reactions and product breakdown on your clients, neither of which will help build your business or your reputation.
Of course. I agree with your words. No one want to risk.

Latest posts

Back