Progesterone only pill help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinhunterx

Reaction score
Hello!!

I've started the progesterone pill three weeks ago called desogestrel. Does anyone have any reviews on it? I started the first day of my period as I haven't been on anything in a while but now I'm bleeding a little then nothing for a day or two then bleeding again.. got period symptoms like sore belly and back. Has anyone experienced this before

xoxo

I'm in my third packet of these and have been bleeding throughout the month on and off. My normal cycle is much lighter than usual which is great but it's frustrating that I keep bleeding at odd times. I went to the family planning clinic today and they have said it's quite normal and will stop eventually. I'm going to persevere for another few months and hope things improve.

Hey, Iv been on this pill for years and love it.
I find if I don't take it at the same time every day bleeding and flow is really intermittent.
However, take it the same time daily without fail and i don't ever bleed or have any symptoms whatsoever.
My last bleed was back in Feb. Makes my life so much easier not having to worry about coming on unexpectedly xx

I've been on these tablets for years now. There is a bit of break through bleeding at the start but I don't think I've had any in the last three years.

If you are getting pain or mood swings then that might indicate it's not suiting you. In which case go back to your GP as there are other ones you can take.

When I started on it I was bleeding on and off for a few weeks then I stopped and had a very light period a few weeks later. I think I had 2 or 3 periods in the time I was on it (about 2 years). Haven't had a period since coming off it though at the beginning of October.

Latest posts

Back