Prom packages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
Does anyone offer prom packages and if so what and how much do you charge. Oh and also how do you advertise them- I'm presuming schools aren't overly keen on you rocking up with flyers and standing outside :lol:

I'm trying to decide what package to put together and the logistics- for example if I offer a tan and makeup as part of the package then they'll need to be done on different days etc.

I currently work from home and can't drive though I'm learning. I wondered about maybe renting a room in the local community centre for a weekend/evening before the prom and doing all the tans there in one evening or something?

I currently offer Shellac, Gellish, spray tans, manicures, pedicures and an finishing up my eyelash extension training although not sure I want to offer that to teens. I'm also doing my makeup training early this year. Is there anything else that I should really train in for prom time?

So maybe Shellac/Gelish fingers and toes & makeup for £45? Or some kind of pick and mix 3 treatments for £? Do you offer some kind of group deal like spray tan parties or something?

Basically I know I want to do some kind of offer but I don't know what or how.

I'm going to be something of the sort this year also but i'll be offering pin-ups too!

Do you know anyone with teenage kids who you could get to pass out flyers to their friends?

Or possibly go somewhere were they go for lunch & hand them out there? Not that i'm sure you can do that?

Or if the school has a intranet system email the head teacher and ask if your allowed to advertise on there?

Send emails out and get into the prom fairs!

There's prom fairs??? Wow it's changed since I was at school :lol: There wasn't even proms back in my day.

I've got a 14 year old niece and a 13 year old brother in law so will pick their brains. Does every year get a prom or is it just the leavers?

When does prom season start?

May I think and runs until July.

As a rule I don't do proms, even though I have lots of enquiries to do them

May I think and runs until July.

As a rule I don't do proms, even though I have lots of enquiries to do them

Is there a reason?

I was hoping it might be a good way to get lots of practise in doing make-up before setting myself loose on brides :lol:

I get quite a bit through my website. i put a notice on my front page about prom season so when they surf the web and come across my page they see it straight away. also my f book page. i just make sure i always do a consultation with a parent around.x

The reason is that I rarely do proms is that it is not something I see fitting in with the direction company has taken and I feel as a skilled and experienced artist that they are not something I want to be doing.

I do the odd high end proms, but that's about it.

I mostly find that I get emails from girls want cheap this discount that which does not fit the type of client I want or to encourage.

Proms are nothing like weddings, weddings are completely different and the brides expectations are a lots higher!

i found it a good start to my first summer when i started doing proms,
but I think it depends.I have never had a phone call from a young girl trying to barter with me but I have never done a prom where the parents havent been totally included and know what they are paying for. I wouldnt take on a job whether its a wedding or prom when pple try to bargin and barter costs with me.(some times an alarm bell just rings lol!)
I have done alot of proms where they have more money than some weddings i have done.
I love doing proms but then i guess it also comes down to the area you live in and work. Depends on your clientel you will get. But then just because some one has money doesnt always mean they are going to hand it over any easier? you would be surprised the trouble you can get with more wealthy pple somethimes!lol
I think its a very individual thing, I love proms and enjoy seeing them really happy with the end result but live in a area where its a big market with alot of parents happy to spend alot of money and have never had any problems. But i can only speak for my self, i can understand why people do have problems. Ive just started doing nails too so am also looking forward to prom packages. I am thinking a hair up makeup and gelish?
glitterbox i find nails more popular than tans. but think if u listed your sevices as long as there isnt toooo much variation in the costings to do the services then the pick 3 from the list for so and so amount is a good idea. you could have piccies next to the lists too. and maybe the brands you use? i find that proms i do are alway so local to me. so u may not have too much of a problem traveling to them? i have done some from home but just make the area nice with your products set up and have bottled water etc laid out with somewhere comfy with magazines if a parent is staying.
Never new about prom fairs ! lol.X

Thanks everyone. There's 3/4 schools within a couple of miles of my house so will stalk their websites looking out for prom info and will advertise on my website and facebook pages. I think I'll go for the mix and match idea as everything is roughly the same price.

I think proms are quite a new thing in my neck of the woods so not sure how much interest I'll get but anything is better than nothing.

Prom fairs are in Feb-march time I have 4 booked and love doing prom days! So exciting and they look like princesses :) xx

Maybe prom fairs haven't made it as far as Aberdeen yet :lol: Googling isn't bringing anything up.

not going to lie the main reason I'm excited about proms is that I'm presuming teenage prom going girls are as obsessed with glitter as I am.

Maybe prom fairs haven't made it as far as Aberdeen yet :lol: Googling isn't bringing anything up.

not going to lie the main reason I'm excited about proms is that I'm presuming teenage prom going girls are as obsessed with glitter as I am.

I'm in the south of England where young girls are very out with everything now Essex style lol!
So yet love a prom!
Maybe email the schools around you? Even if they don't do fairs they may suggest taking a poster in and they can show it on a board?x

Latest posts

Back