Pros & cons for tips vs sculptured

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glimmer Jo Jo

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I was trained using tips for nail extensions but was wondering about sculptured nails.
why do some people choose to sculpt? could people tell me the pros and cons for these techniques.... im very interested to hear your comments :)
jo

With sculpting you can correct the most challenging nails like spoon nails, ski jump nails, very short bitten nails...etcetera. Definitely worth it to learn to sculpt

I cant seem to get the form under the nail properly so it ends up too thick! :(

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek mobile app

You use more product when sculpting but less time wasted blending tips 😄

You use more product when sculpting but less time wasted blending tips 😄

Do you think they are as strong as tips?:eek:
Jo

Do you think they are as strong as tips?:eek:
Jo

There is no strength in a tip it just adds length. The strength is in how you build the apex

I cant seem to get the form under the nail properly so it ends up too thick! :(

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek mobile app

You try crystal nails sculpting course they teach you how to deal with this x

I do only sculpted nails and don't even have tips. It takes me more time, cost more expensive but result is different, and my client ready to pay, because they look closer to natural nails. with forms, which I'm using i can correct everything, as NVC Nails said in her post, and i agree 100%

Keeping a keen eye on this thread as I'm nearly finished with my l&p training and most of my case studies have been sculpts. I have wondered if I should use tips with pink and whites as I seem to sculpt those very thick which then takes me ages to file down :cry: The only thing putting me off is blending the tips in as I've been taught to blend even the well-less non-blend tips. Does everyone do this or do you acrylic straight onto the non-blended tip? (Sorry op haven't meant to crash your thread!)

Latest posts

Back