PRS music Licence, but why do we need two?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawncbn

Reaction score
For the last few years I have paid for a PRS music licence so that I can play the radio and also c/d in treatment room. It costs around £80 per year.

I was shocked when I opened a letter from a company called PPL, which said I owed them nearly £200 for not having a licence for playing music!!

I phoned the number and explained that I did have a licence with PRS, etc but they said that I needed their licence too. Does anybody on here know about this?

I am confused and I certainly am not going to pay loads of money to have the radio on, its crazy.

Yes there are two. It's ridiculous, the two should be amalgamated.

I had the same thing happen!!! It's so annoying, can't believe you have to pay for listening to the radio and your own CDs that u already bought!!! No wonder these famous musicians are loaded!!!
I have seen on here somewhere that you can purchase CDs that you can play without a licence, that is what I will do eventually!!

Hope this helps xx

its shocking away around it is
go to sibee and get a license from them, you dont need 2 just theres and its £50 a year or for the first year £60 with 5 cds of your choice. i have one and to be honest there music is quite nice.

Ichillmusic is a great website that sell cd's that you don't need any licence to play :)

Latest posts

Back