Psoriasis and bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BT34

Reaction score
Hi all

I am currently trying to get a diagnosis for a problem with my scalp that I am pretty sure is psoriasis.

I have left my hair as long as I can without bleaching/colouring it but it’s really starting to get me down as I am naturally dark and have blonde hair.

I usual bleach with 6% and tone with wella CT. Is bleach a no go in this situation? Would highlift be gentler on the scalp or not because it would mean using 12%?

In your situation, I’d probably get a hairdresser friend to do my hair with a full head of foils and rinsing in cool water, keeping the product away from the scalp at all times. You could use Highlift if it’s in foils but if you’re lifting from a 7 or lower, you’d get a better result with bleach.

Hi - I have psoriasis and find high lift and 40 much gentler on my scalp than bleach. I find the peroxide quite soothing! Just make sure the area hasn’t been scratched and the plagues aren’t raw. Let them build up a little if possible.

I have psoriasis and always use bleach on my hair, it doesn’t bother it at all.
i do use head and shoulders anti itch shampoo once a week but usually use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner but the head and shoulders really Stops the skin coming out so much.

Latest posts

Back