Pureology products - suitable for extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
I'm looking into more products for hair extensions that are not your usual options LTD or balmain etc. I currently supply a limited amount macadamia products... Looking into things on here a few people really like pureology and just wanted your thoughts on using the products on extensions? And also any of their products you recommend?

Thanks in advance xx

Personally, I would never advise anyone to use Options stuff, as far as I'm concerned it should be banned or at least not touted as a pro product, and hair extension companies should stop with the 'use our product or else' nonsense. It's very obviously just a way to keep trouble at bay, but it's wrong. I wouldn't recommend Balmain stuff either, esp. not if another brand of hair than Balmain is being used. I just have this bad feeling about Balmain that everything about them is just marketing. Take their brushes for instance, the retail profit on them is 300%. It does make you wonder!
Also, people never tend to take into account the fact that when you are wearing extensions, you still do have your own hair, and the actual goal should be to let your natural hair grow out and keep it in great condition so that you're not in for a bad surprise once the extensions need to be removed.
I love, love, love Pureology, it's my personal go-to brand for haircare. The Hydrate range is especially suitable for extensions and can be used on pretty much any hair type.
It's all well and good to want to take care of your extensions, extra care can be given to them with a serum or styling oil that might be too rich for your own hair, but you should never forget that extensions can be replaced whereas your own hair can't!

I sort of agree with companies saying use there products because my client would go straight for x ten that's terrible if I didn't advise other wise . There's a lot of posts on here complaint about extensions then every time it's oh the client used something that shouldn't of been used . Suppose they are just covering them selves ? I agree about balmain though . So many new clients ask is it balmain hair lol or I have a balmain brush . Like gosh they are they best !

Latest posts

Back