Purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slp

Reaction score
After some advise please... I currently use wella koleston perfect 55/66 on a client but she recently has decided she wants to be more purple! Has anyone made up a true purple with koleston? 55/66 is the closest we can get yet is quite burgundy!

When I go purple, I usually bleach my hair to a 9/10, tone and then apply a purple direct dye such as Splat because it stains quite strongly.
Doing it this way gives you a cool toned purple colour.

If you think about it, hair at a level 5 will contain red tones so any purples will always have a reddish hue, more than blue.
That’s why I bleach it up to a pale yellow, to remove the warmer underlying tones.

We really don't want to pre lighten, just wanted extra purple! Thanks for your advise! I'm going to try a different brand

After some advise please... I currently use wella koleston perfect 55/66 on a client but she recently has decided she wants to be more purple! Has anyone made up a true purple with koleston? 55/66 is the closest we can get yet is quite burgundy!
Add some 0/88 to the it, makes all the difference!

I find 55/66 is still very red compared to most purple shades.

Latest posts

Back