Putting acrylics on a greenie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxKeelyxx

Reaction score
So I normally always do my own nails but before my holiday I was in such a rush to get everything done my OH 'treated' me to get my nails done in town to save me some time while we were getting holiday bits...

They were not to my standard as they did the dipping technique used 100grit files which were dirty and it was all round my fingers and about 3 different ppl were involved along the process? but it did only take 35 minutes :-/

Well that was July and I have done 3 infills on myself (just plain white acrylic in an almond as I add different nail art) but I soaked them off for a rest nearly 2 wks away to find greenys down the bottom of 4 of my nails.

Luckily theyve nearly grown out as I said the dirty acrylics were end of July but as the greenys grow out so does their attachment to my nail bed so a little bit of oncholyosis too! (great).

Anyway THE POINT (sorry) its my best friends wedding in less than 2 wks and although I know the greeny bacteria is dead I am worry with the oncholyosis whether they will be better in time for me to put a new set on? Im filing/trimming the nails, using solar oil to inc growth and tidying my cuticles daily but im worried I wont have enough natural length for an acrylic set?

Ive not been wearing nail varnish for the last 2 wks and its killing me. Also chucked all my files away even tho I sanitise and change them regularly anyway and gave all my metal instruments extra long in the auto clave.

Hopefully I have attached a picture as 90 views and no responses...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 607
It sounds like you've done all the right things so far :) Is the onycholysis only on the index finger in the picture? You will be able to do an overlay but I personally wouldn't tip them because if you have too much length and you knock them then all your good work will be down the drain.

Having said that it's surprising how fast nails grow and you've got 2 weeks yet so it might have just about grown out to the free edge in time if you're lucky.

Also up the amount of times that you apply Solar Oil to at least 4 times a day as this can help speed up the repair process.

It's on the index finger on the right hand and the middle finger on the right where it's in a reverse smile line if that makes sense (I think where the old tip was).

Yes that's what I was worried about whether to put a tip on, I was going to do nail forms so there's more of my nail in ratio to the free edge/tip? But if the oncholyosis is still there I will just do a gel over lay I think.

It just looks so awful when I see clients and they think its fungal and feel like I am explaining it all the time :o

Thank you, I will up the solar oil too!

Xx

*middle finger on the left

There's no reason why you couldn't just wear Shellac or gel polish and make them look fabulous with nail art :) That way you know you won't be risking making them worse but can still have gorgeous nails!

Latest posts

Back