Quality of hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantrum

Reaction score
Hi all,
i know there are loads of questions about hair extension suppliers.
Had a search around the site but now i'm more confused as everyone likes different ones.

i was thinking of trying Foxy or Lush Us, just for my own hair at first to check them out, what are your opinions? I've read here that lately Lush Us has'nt been the best quality but before they were great.
Have hairdoctor in at the moment, which is fine but lately i'm getting a lot of tangles. I realise sometimes there's a bad batch but it's fairly annoying and i dont want to use it in anyone elses hair. Plus it tapers off a lot toward the ends, i want a thick mop all the way down (having my 30's breakdown and want to look 20 :lol:)

Thanks in advance x

hiya oh dont get me started with good hair lol im still searching someone told me on here that www.hairxtensions.co.uk are good and heard mixed reviews about halo i was going to try lush then loads said they have gone right downhill the only one iv never heard a bad comment about is celebrity elite its more expensive but you pay for what you get i suppose xx

thanks, i'm kinda smashed at the moment plus i have dark hair so most brands are fine with dark colours, i'm mad to get them in straight away so if anyone knows of a cheaper option that will do fine i'll be ordering straight away.

whats happening with suppliers? was getting hair over here and it was fine until one day BAM a client came back with mad knotting after 3 weeks, would'nt mind it was'nt cheap hair :mad:

i know its really hard try hairxtensions im trying them next xx

Hi im new to the forum but have been involved in extensions for years and I was quite surprised to read all the different opinions about a few of the hair companies.

My own experience of foxy and halo.... the hair has been bad and worse than that, they didn't seem to value their customers. Things were fine until it all went wrong. Lush-us for me the hair has always been fine, I have seen in other posts that some others have not been very happy, but I have been happy with their hair quality for over a year now. Celeb Elite is good but pricey and I really don't think its much better than the hair I get from Lush.

xx

feck it i think i'll give them a try. thanks girlies, oh by the way hairygirl, love the name :)
i'll have a new mop for my datey type thing next week :wink2:

this time i'll do before and after pics and let you know how i find them x

yes please do let us know xxx

Is Lush Us supposed to be root point correct? It's sold as Remy, but the hair I got had all the bulbs visible on the ends... Also, the stick tips I got had really skinny ends. Have a feeling I will be going to hairxtensions.co.uk instead maybe.

I have tried all the usual brands - Lush us, foxy, celeb elite, buy hair, additional lengths but by far Halo is the best. The website is Hair Extensions | Human and Clip In Hair Extensions | Halo | Halo | Great Hair Extensions which is there retail website but they also do wholesale prices, just call up and make your order. The guys there are so helpful especially Beth the wholesale manager. It is always next day delivery via courier, they have fab new boxes too and free gifts! The hair lasts and its fantastic quality. When I first started they sent me free samples to check hair quality. I love Halo!

Weft Hair Extensions have a band of fine threads attached to the topside. These are free flowing towards the bottom area. Wefted hair extensions can be made with the help of machines as well as by hand. These come in the range of fine, medium or even heavy hair wefts. Hair that is wefted by hand may prove to be a little expensive then machine tied hair. Weft hair extensions are attached to the hair with the help of a sewing method. Wefts are known to last longer than other types of hair extensions and can be woven into your hair for a natural look.

Some of the posts sound like these companies themselves are posting! How do we know who is really just an extensionist like us?

xx

There is a tip i may suggest.
i too use hair myself and have work closely with (hired with in) many companies in the past.
i still use hair and practice the art or profession.
the worst thing that can happen afer all that work is get a call from an unhappy hair extension customer because of poor quality.
There are a lot of non professionals selling hair that is terrible condition.
They may get a good batch one week and a terrible one the next.

The company’s job is to make sure they do not send out hair that is bad and if they do they must be able to replace it.

as a protection its a good idea to purchase a small amount to test in someone’s hair prior using it. i know its not practical but it give you an idea of what you’re dealing with. Results will expose themselves with 3-4 weeks if the hair is bad.

If the hair is not root/point correct, has hair bulbs on and sold as remy, then it is combings of hair that has been hackled out, stripped and coated. After a few washes the coating comes off and the hair matts.

There are hair suppliers who supply top quality hair which has been cut off the donor head, reverse drawn, and coloured properly. This hair is nowhere near as cheap as you are all looking for. For a full head of blonde hair 18 inch, I would expect to pay around the 350 mark for the hair, then I add fitting on top.

I have read all the threads looking for super hair at a cheapo price, and I think clients and extensionists have to accept there is no such thing. People in the third world don't get their heads shaved for pennies anymore. Hair has to be processed, coloured, and transported. All of this has risen dramatically in price.

Maybe it is time to accept that the era of £200 hair extensions is over?

i think you are right:cry:

my new plan is convince my sister she'd look better with short hair. She has natural dark brown, poker straight, thick, virgin hair, about 26inches long.
Wish me luck:lol:

I love celebrity elite its great for the price. Been using it a long time now..

Halo- dffinately! Prompt service, Beth is usually your first point of contact and she's lovely- really helpful and friendly and there's great communication and she always follows up with a call to see how your getting on. Altogether an excellent company to deal with and great continuity with the hair extensions, remy hair, great colours, stay true to condition and colour. Lovely x

Latest posts

Back