Question for mobile Spray tanning geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
I am just curious as to how busy you all are on the spray tanning scene at the moment.

I have gone really quiet and not really getting any bookings at the moment.

I have sent a circular round to all my existing clients offering a discount for October/November but not really had any response.

Is this the same for everyone else? I love it when I'm busy as it keeps my confidence up and my technique in check but I feel a bit deflated at the moment especially with my bosses wife just launching her spray tan business and offering 'buy one get one free' for October in all the areas that I work in....

The middle two weeks of September I was doing around 20 to 25 people a week.

Jackie x

Wow well you where doing great, I never did that many a week, but I have found September very quiet My die hard waxing clients keeping me going mostly! Ive just put a special on, but i expect it will pick up at the end of the month with xmas parties getting started.xx:hug:

Speaking from a general market perspective the "fizz" of the silly season has most definitely ebbed off....September is notoriously one of the quieter months however ...its not to long now when the second silly season wave hits us...normally towards the back end of October as those early festive works parties start and as the traffic for last minute quickie holidays abroad before the winter sets in attract more people in for a spray tan.

The thing to do when things are quiet is to take this opportunity to really sit down and asses your business...review your running costs,the way in which you do business as well as of course marketing strategy issues.

Its good to sometimes have that little extra time to look at these things as it really does prepare you better for when business picks up :hug:

Try to use the time positively rather than worrying to much...its very much a seasonal thing :hug:

since i trained in tanning in april to be honest ive not been as busy as i though i would be. I think the most ive done in a week is maybe 4 as there are so many salons in my town offering tans for £10 or £15. September i found to be still quite busy for nails and tans as people were still going holidays although this week all i have is a tan today, set of nails and infills tomoro and nothing at all booked in for next week yet so think this is going to be a really bad month for me.. Ive put out flyers and done some offers but nothing. I suppose this will be the month where people start to think about saving for xmas etc cxxx

[The thing to do when things are quiet is to take this opportunity to really sit down and asses your business...review your running costs,the way in which you do business as well as of course marketing strategy issues.

Its good to sometimes have that little extra time to look at these things as it really does prepare you better for when business picks up :hug:

Try to use the time positively rather than worrying to much...its very much a seasonal thing :hug:[/quote]

Thanks Collin, this is exactly what I am doing. I am having a business logo professionally designed and also giving my website a complete revamp. I feel that now I have been doing tanning a few months now I can add a bit extra to the site etc... so really excited about it all and relaunching my site with a new look..

I must admit I have been enjoying having my evenings to myself.

Jackie

[The thing to do when things are quiet is to take this opportunity to really sit down and asses your business...review your running costs,the way in which you do business as well as of course marketing strategy issues.

Try to use the time positively rather than worrying to much...its very much a seasonal thing :hug:

Thanks Collin, this is exactly what I am doing. I am having a business logo professionally designed and also giving my website a complete revamp. I feel that now I have been doing tanning a few months now I can add a bit extra to the site etc... so really excited about it all and relaunching my site with a new look..

I must admit I have been enjoying having my evenings to myself.

Jackie[/quote]

smarty pants :hug:

Latest posts

Back