Question from Professional Nails Magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophi Carter

Reaction score
Writing a feature on branding, can anyone advise me on how you create a strong brand identity for your salon?
How do you promote yourself without compromising your products - for example If you are using Creative products with Creative posters in your salon, how do you promote your own brand identity? How do you use branding to differentiate yourself from the competition? Any help much appreciated. Cheers.

Hi Sophi, take a look at my webby www.the-nail-salon.com, the logo you will see is on absolutely everything I have except the products, get a stunning logo totally different from anyone elses (which is why I chose bright green!), have a look in my gallery and you will see my shop front. Jx

In our Salon we use mainly fibreglass due to health and safety regulations...................
So we use Fabric# distributed by designer nails...............which is known as the UK distributor for CND........

So I promote Creative Enamels and their range of Nail care/Manicure/Pedicure products.....

I am now known in the square mile of London, as the Salon that stocks Creative products................

I promote the Fabric system as the FABRIC# system, because it is the best in Fibreglass/Silk technology...............

Competition winner in 2 Categories at 2 large exhibitions.......
This on it's own has created a strong brand identity for my clients and myself................and sets us apart from other salons in the area.....
Competition winners using Competition winning products.........

But I am still known as Nails in London, I don't have to compromise because I have found one product that sells me and my bizz...........So why would I want to then , sell or promote anything else...............So my name but their products..................
You don't have to loose your identity, just enhance it with the best product that you can find out there.........
I guess what I am trying to say is, pick one good product rather then a load of others and this is what will give you a good name in the bizz.......
Rather then being a user like jack of all products and not being master of one !!!!!! At the end of the day your technique and skill in this nail bizz will set you apart from other salons.........Be the best

just my thoughts
love Ruth xxxxxxxxx
I hope I don't sound to bossy, lol written with a double voddy and orange in hand !!!!! Cheers!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back