Questions to ask when going to look at a room to rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessabbie

Reaction score
Hi
Im a beauty therapist currently working mobile and I'm going to look at a room to rent tomorrow which is in a hairdresser and I'm not sure on what questions to ask as I want to go in to this with my eyes open and not rush to rent it and forget what to ask as I am a little excited to be finally in a salon can anyone help me in what I should be asking pretty please??
Thanks in advance

Is it a rolling contract or for a set period?

What's the get out clause? Eg can the get rid of you in a week but you have to give a month.

Can you go in while they are closed?

Those are literally top of my head

What are the opening times
What kind of storage is there for you
Is it just a room, or will they be providing services like booking and payment (would be better to do this yourself and just be able to advertise to their customers and maybe reception service if poss)
How many power points are there, and are they enough for your equipment & fan in summer
Do you get your own key
Money - how much, when to pay and how to end the contract. GET THIS ONE IN WRITING.
And just general ambiance e.g. nice decor, noise levels

What's included in the rent? Can you install a phone line/wifi? Will you be able to advertise within the business?

Can you decorate? Is there a sink? Can you put a lock on your door? What do you do with your rubbish?

Is there a sink but also check it actually does have hot water and not just cold!
(Learnt that one the hard way!)

Try to negotiate a reduced rent opening deal to give you some time to get going and reduce the pressure on finances - it can make all the difference to your success.

What if any other costs are covered in the rent?
What additional costs are you expected to cover yourself?

Thank you everyone for your help much appreciated X X

Latest posts

Back