Radius clause?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
Hi all, just out of interest does a radius clause in a contract actually matter in a terms of employment contract in hair and beauty after employment has terminated?

Or what if you have an 'unwritten radius clause' with a salon owner and you're self employed within the business?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Xx

If your asking if it stands for anything legally then no not really - as everyone has the right to earn a living.

If your asking if it stands for anything legally then no not really - as everyone has the right to earn a living.

Thanks spandangle I was just very curious. Xx

If you're self employed, the salon owner can do nothing about limiting your business. The contract can only relate to a landlord/tenant type agreement really.

Some radius clauses in contracts of employment can be enforceable, but it depends on whether the terms are deemed reasonable. Only a court can decide the answer, in that case, so the ex-employer would have to issue proceedings to test it out.

Most of them are badly written and unenforceable.

If you're self employed, the salon owner can do nothing about limiting your business. The contract can only relate to a landlord/tenant type agreement really.

Thank you I thought as much I was just very interested to see if I was wrong as the thought of it just seemed odd to me xx

Latest posts

Back