Rage and cringe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannedesouza41

Beleza beauty
Reaction score
Here comes a rant girls!!

I know I can’t be the only one who has this rage....

People doing nails mostly along with other services i.e. lashes, tans, waxing who are NOT insured and NOT registered paying tax or vat!!!
I see them putting up constant posts on FB of their (awful) work, hundreds of appointments available, cancelation, offers which they can barley be covering their costs and this makes me rage!!

I only do nails and beauty in the evenings and weekends after my full time job, so I don’t have a full day to fill with appointments and I don’t see anything wrong with putting up appointments available, however then this is constant I makes me cringe..... they clearly don’t have a steady client base!

RANT OVER!! Have a nice day ladies (L)

Beleza Beauty xxx

Aw, look at it from another point of view, us full time people who look at others who have a full time job and salary, doing beauty/hair for a bit of extra money, taking work away from people who do it for a living!

There will always be people in this industry who grind someone's gears, but you know, live and let live an all that.

Hi
I am new to nails and beauty. Am qualified in makeup and gel polish but part way through my beauty level 2.

I use FB to promote my services but make it clear I am a student looking for case studies/promotional pics and only charge to cover materials and fuel.

I am insured though. It does worry me once I am qualified that people might not still want to use me as I will obviously charge more. However I will probably use other methods of promotion than facebook buy and sell pages x

I do beauty after my work and weekends just now (until after my wedding) then going to go part time at my job and do mostly beauty, so I will also be doing this as my living.

I see no problem with putting on fb appointments and cancellations, however these girls are constantly doing it basically begging for business and doing 2 sets of acrylics for £25!!

My main thing is they are not insured and also not registered as a business, so not paying taxes or vat!

Maybe putting this up was a bad idea however I think it's ashame for everyone who does do things properly :)

Beleza Beauty ♡

Latest posts

Back