Rant - clients who are friends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
Can your clients ever be your friends too?
From experience clients I become friendly with take advantage.
2 of my clients who I've become friendly with just used a sunbed at my salon and sung so loud that me & my Hollywood wax could hear every word. I had to tell them to be quiet.
Then a client had to wait 10minutes for the sunbed they were in as they had finished but god knows what they were doing.
I had to ask if they were done as there was a client waiting.
Clients I'm friendly with also think it's ok to arrive late- on a regular basis!! 😡😡

Or continue chatting even though another client has entered the salon as is waiting to be served!
Not sure how to establish a barrier between being friendly and preventing clients thinking they can cross the line

I don't think clients can ever really be friends, when on business premises. When treating a client, whoever it is, you have to be firm and professional. If someone takes advantage you have to bring them back into line. If being friends with a client makes that difficult then, no, a client can't be a friend.

I also think that friends make the worst clients for the same reason.

Totally agree...I have a client trying to befriend me and I've backed right off. I keep it professional at all times she asked for my personal number and I said no sorry ...And made a joke that even I need space from work too! Bring in a rule that if they are late more than a certain amount of times ALL clients will incur a % charge. I know it's difficult but I don't see a problem with being friends as long as they know the boundaries .....So like sjk said bring them inline! Xx

Latest posts

Back