Rant / need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyscissors

Reaction score
i guys this might turn into somethin quite long but need help from someone in the industry as im at breaking point point on what to do now !

ill start from the beginning , im 23 been working for my boss for 5 years now since i started my level 3 in college , im down to 2 days a week now massively underpaid £30 a day not even paid by the books , no tax is being paid and no national insurance , since ive been using this site for a couple of months ive realised that working where i am , i probably know about 25% of what some of the other users on here do when it comes to colouring , especially when it comes to blonde .

im trying to build myself up doin abit of mobile and comin on here when i need some advice and just generally looking at other posts and ive learnt so much already , but generally dont know what to do any more i need to get another job but feel incapable coz of my lack of knowledge in the colour department , my technical abailities i know are good.

i just dont know what to do anymore as i feel stuck in a rut especially coming up to xmas and having 20 quid to live on a week after giving my dad 40 a week .

part of me is like just get a job in a call centre or somethin like that and build up doing mobile outside of that as everything will be in order i.e tax and n.i but then part of me is saying but hair is what i want to do ! i feel like i should look for a job in a hairdressers but so many nowadays cut corners and pay cash in hand and u sort yourself out . i dont know what to do my heads just blank at the minute , any advice from anyone it would be appreciated :'( x

oh and my boss probably knows about 10 % of knowledge for colouring , its just an ammateur salon and its gettin quite embarrasing x

Hi
You've kinda got your answer already... Find another job in a better salon if hair is something you want to carry on doing which it sounds like you do. Plus you're willing to learn & decent salons will appreciate that.
Look around, ring salons and pop your cv in to them too. The more pro-active you are the better!!
Good luck, don't settle for second best :)

So why don't you apply for a job in other salons? Your clearly passionate about hair and obviously want to further your knowledge which isn't gonna happen if you stay where you are now.

Get yourself dressed up professionally and take your CV into salons. First impressions mean a lot. Look the part, be friendly and just ask to leave your info. A good salon will appreciate that x

thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back