Rebalance/Infill/Backfill - Whats the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
What is the difference between a rebalance and a backfill/Infill?? I think alot of people have differing ideas and it's confusing the hell out of me......?

Hi Sara,

An infill is just filling in the new growth at the cuticle.
A backfill is a french rebalance - where you replace the white smile line
A rebalance is where you restructure the entire nail to make sure the stress area is in the correct place.

HTH

I've not yet done a backfill only rebalances..so have a question....when you do a backfill to replace a white smile line do you then do an overlay of either clear or pink L&P over the whole nail? Also, what if the client has natural tips and you can see the shadow of the natural nail growing...do you just backfill with a natural powder? Must admit the CND natural powder seems more like clear to me, so how do you disguise the shadow of the growing nail underneath?

I very rarely use Natural on is own these days - I mix Soft white and Natural on a 2:3 ratio - and as you have said, you do a backfill the same way as you would do for perm french.

Latest posts

Back