Rebranding & relaunching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faylizzie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm in the process (haven't actually done anything yet) of rebranding my business to relaunch in April,

I'm a mobile business established 2.5 years now, I've started to notice an increase in my area of beauty therapists, one having the same business cards as me (the joys of vista print!) and most of us have very similar colour schemes. I'm also beauty by xxxx which was fine to begin with as there was no one else in the area with beauty by xxxx now there's a fair few to say the least.
So I'm looking into rebranding an relaunching, mainly because of these reasons but a couple of other reasons too.

I have a very good loyal clientele, & am fully booked most weeks but I'm looking for some advice/reassurance on rebranding from those of you that have done it.
Did you find it confused people? Or did you lose any clients/business because of it? On any advertisements/new business cards/price lists did you put "previously known as xxxx" if you did how long did you keep this on for?
I'm slightly concerned about rebranding but feel it's the best thing to do to differentiate my business from the others even though I'm well established I feel as though my brand is getting muddled with everyone else.

I'm going to be changing the name of my business and I cannot think of something that fits, I was debating running a competition on Facebook for my regulars to come up with a new name and chose the one I like best or the one with the most likes that's not trademarked as thought it may help my regulars feel included in the process too? Do you think this is a good idea? Has anyone done this? Did it work for you?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated :) xxxxx

Hello

I did the whole re branding thing. My company was Gorgeous Tips for over two years and although it served me well when I had a small nail bar I decided to put the rest of my skills to use and open up a salon where I had space to offer beauty treatments as well. My current name didn't fit the bill so I decided to change. So Miss Jules Beauty was born...

Not only did I re brand but I moved premises too.... simply due to the location I did lose a few clients. The re branding was done over a period of time and regular newsletters and social media updates kept everyone in the loop. I don't think any of my customers minded the name change to be honest. The new stationary had my new logo and old one in small print for a few months. The hardest thing I found was getting my new company name to be as active on the web as my old one!

Re branding is a risk and hard work but for me it was worth it x

Hello

I did the whole re branding thing. My company was Gorgeous Tips for over two years and although it served me well when I had a small nail bar I decided to put the rest of my skills to use and open up a salon where I had space to offer beauty treatments as well. My current name didn't fit the bill so I decided to change. So Miss Jules Beauty was born...

Not only did I re brand but I moved premises too.... simply due to the location I did lose a few clients. The re branding was done over a period of time and regular newsletters and social media updates kept everyone in the loop. I don't think any of my customers minded the name change to be honest. The new stationary had my new logo and old one in small print for a few months. The hardest thing I found was getting my new company name to be as active on the web as my old one!

Re branding is a risk and hard work but for me it was worth it x

Aww that's brilliant, thank you for replying you've put my mind at ease a bit! Glad it was worth it for you too :) xxxxxx

your welcome honey x Good luck! If you need any advise or wanna pick my brains you know where I am x

Rebranding is really good and it gives you chance to put things right and have your website etc the way you really want to....

I would be a bit cautious about putting a competition on Facebook asking people to give names for your new business as your competitors will also see these names and could run with them before you do and given the purpose of your rebranding is for you to have something a bit different from the other therapist that are local then I would just be a bit careful and keep your new name under wraps until you have rebranded and advertised your new business.

Good luck sounds like exciting times ahead..

Jack

I rebranded a few years ago when I moved into premises. It has definitely been a success. My leaflets had the same sort of layout and the same products on etc but clients didn't realise it was me which I sort of thought they would. I didn't put my old name on there and I wouldn't if I did it again. I wrote to all my clients with my new pricelist and new address and a 20% voucher for their first treatment at my new premises.

We then moved again in March this year to our barn where we have 2 treatment rooms. I am pleased that the name wasn't something I had to think about although we have completely changed our pricelists and sort of rebranded but keeping the same name!

I have been working locally for over 12 years and still get people coming in saying "Oh it's you!!!"

Thank you for your replies! You've all been really helpful and out my mind at ease!
Jack that's a really good point I didn't think of that, thank you,

Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back