Received a letter about planning permission-the premises next door

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Please can someone help me :(

Received a letter today. I am in one shop on a site of 4 very small shops where there is limited parking. My landlord owns the premises I rent and then this one other landlord owns the other 3.

Today I received a letter about one of the empty shops where a planning application has been sent in order to allow it to be turned into a pizza take away shop. Numerous people have already requested through the application it not to go ahead. The dentist and hairdressers also on the site are going to apply to not get it to go ahead too with their letters. My concern is he isn't my landlord and he already gives me a tough time with parking and snotty remarks at me (basically he is annoyed because he cannot sell the whole site due to my landlord owning my shop and as I am the only thing that's been successful in that shop he just hates me - so I am piggy in the middle)

I am worried I will get more Aggro then it is worth? I don't want a take away there as the smell with be terrible, we are all health and beauty related businesses there already so surely this would be nasty? Also the parking is an issue for many with these appointment base businesses let alone a none appointment base business's.... Where will there delivery vans and bikes go? The road we are on has had numerous accidents as it's directly on a mini roundabout which links 3 fairly busy roads, if their customers park on the road surely it will potentially cause more accidents?

Has anyone on here requested a planning permission to not go ahead? I am scared if I put my name he will target me?

Xx

Why not get onto your local counsellor ...I'm sure he will drum up more objectors and ask with the police too, if it's an accident area they could object.

Thank you for your reply. So with my local counsellor (there appear to be 3) surround the area my salon is in, should I just sent them each an email expressing my concerns and are they likely to take it further?

Can you tell how unfamiliar I am with Ll of this? Many if my clients keep saying I need a back bone lol xx

Tell all your clients and any locals what the plans are, it would surprise you how many will object.

Even with a load of objections, chances are they'll get permission. Unless you know all the criteria needed for blocking it, the council won't object.
If there are no takeaways in the parade, it could be argued that there is a need for one in the area. The smell issue will be covered by using a duct.

Even with a load of objections, chances are they'll get permission. Unless you know all the criteria needed for blocking it, the council won't object.
If there are no takeaways in the parade, it could be argued that there is a need for one in the area. The smell issue will be covered by using a duct.

Yes, you're right. They don't seem to do much about objections these days. 4 doors down from my house the occupants are having a massive double storey extension to the side of their house. Everyone objected (we weren't asked but wouldn't have objected as it doesn't affect us). Their neighbours are now not speaking to them even though they use to be best buddies.

We want the same extension on our house. We spoke to our neighbour and he said he would object. I wish him luck. We can fight his objection now with the example down the road. Theirs got approved so why shouldn't ours?

Sorry.....going on a bit.

I don't think you'll have much luck objecting to be honest.

Don't be put off objecting, my mum in law lives next to 2 shops the only ones on a residential street 1 convenience store and 1 was a Hairdressers. The hair salon closed down sold up and new owners tried to put a take away there. their objection was held the take away would have ment a change of use and there is also a school opposite so would have encouraged unhealthy eating. The town and surrounding areas are full of take always and food outlets so for the above reasons they didn't get permission. A petition was passed orotund but you need names and addresses and reason from each person against take away not just a signature if this is something you was thinking about.

The shop next door to me ( a convenience store/ grocer) had tried for take away/ hot food/ alcohol/ extended hours all got turned down. Main Street shopping area. Another in a residential road nearby took 10 years to pass, but he got it eventually, I spoke to him and he said "eventually there will be new residents or new councellors that won't object" his shop lay empty all that time looking terrible.

Latest posts

Back