Recommendation for UV lamp please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safire

Reaction score
Hi,

I stumbled on this rather fabulous forum whilst researching UV curing lamps. Been having a good read – thank you :)

I’m not a professional in the beauty industry and nor am I looking to get into it. I’m just a lady who loves her nails looking fabulous but has never been satisfied by the outcome of a salon mani/pedicure. Maybe I’m just too much of a perfectionist or maybe I haven’t found the right technician.

I’ve been doing my own nails for a very long time & they always look perfectly painted – until quite recently. Since I started swimming a lot more I’m lucky if a regular nail polish job lasts more than 2 hours without chipping. As I had a special party lined up I went to salon to try out the Shellac system. Wow – love the product but once again I wasn’t entirely satisfied with the application. So I’ve been having a little look online at various UV lamps so I can do my own but there doesn’t seem to be too much technical information and product reviews – so I’m hoping that maybe someone on here might have a suggestion or can answer my questions.

Has anyone used the Shellac products but cured their nails under a UV light that isn’t the CND one? How well did it work? It says on the CND website that their lamp is especially designed for their Shellac products and that another UV lamp will not work as good – but you naturally wonder if this is just a marketing ploy. Apart from the basic technical information about the CND lamp it offers no detailed information that makes it appear to be any different to any other 36W UV lamp – other than the price. What is so special about this lamp that it can be 3 or 4 times the price of another similar one? Yeah, I’m a bit of a tech geek too – I don’t part with my cash easily unless I have all the tech facts about a product too. Does any one have recommendations for other UV lamps?

Thanks very much in advance for any replies!! :hug:

Ok ... I’m new here so forgive if my original post is in the wrong section. I’ve just used the search function and after reading more thoroughly, I know that I MUST use the CND lamp for the Shellac products. I think I ended up having all of my questions answered from reading older posts. Of course if anyone feels like adding any helpful comments I would be grateful :D

Welcome to forum :)
do you hold a manicure certificate?
its just that you have to hold that to buy Shellac..( in case you didn't know)
if you want any more info go to the Shellac lovers group its brilliant

http://www.salongeek.com/groups/shellac+lovers.html

Thanks for the link - looks great :)

No, I don't hold any kind of certs but you can buy Shellac products on Amazon so it seems that not everyone asks.

Be very careful buying from an unlisensed site ( ones that do not ask for qualifications ) there is alot of fake shellac products out there, bottles even look the same, you could end up being ripped off and not even realise it...........shellac after all is a professional product.........think about doing a manicure course............x

Totally agree with the above poster. Do a manicure course, even if you do it just so that you do your own nails, you will then be able to buy shellac from a distributor that you know is selling the real deal!

Latest posts

Back