Recommendations for log cabins/ summerhouses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Afternoon all, I've searched and found lots of helpful information but it would be great if any of you geeks who are working from garden treatment rooms (log cabins, summer houses, garden offices,) could recommend companies to use for supplying them.

I understand that slating companies is against site rules so only positive experiences please 😃

If this thread is breaking any rules please pm me your recommendations, thanks in advance x

It depends on your budget really. If you are looking for a budget cabin then www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk or www.waltons.co.uk.

If you spray tan and have a standard sized tent remember to check the eaves and apex height as many of the cabins simply are not high enough to accommodate the tent.

I had mine purpose built by a company in the West Midlands (ATB sheds I think). Its more of a summerhouse then cabin. I really can not fault it. I only offer spray tanning from home so didn't need anything to extravagant. I would have loved a big posh one but I couldn't justify the additional cost. My clients love it and always comment about how nice it is :biggrin:

Hi Lil'Gem thank you for your reply 😃
Ideally I would like it divided inside- nail station/reception area/ make up area at the front, then private area for my couch and separate tanning area. In a perfect world I would have a little toilet too..

I'll have a look at the sites you mentioned, thanks again x

Blimey your going to have a project on your hands, very exciting though. Best thing to do it have a look at the sizes they offer and see if it would be viable to divide with internal stud walls. I haven't looked on the sites for a good few months so unsure what they have atm. They used to do some large cabins that might be suitable for you.

I know that other geeks have brought larger cabins and done similar to what you intend. There are some threads about it (posted in last 12mth) they might help you more. They posted some pic's too. They looked fantastic, especially compared to my humble cabin!

Blimey your going to have a project on your hands, very exciting though. Best thing to do it have a look at the sizes they offer and see if it would be viable to divide with internal stud walls. I haven't looked on the sites for a good few months so unsure what they have atm. They used to do some large cabins that might be suitable for you.

I know that other geeks have brought larger cabins and done similar to what you intend. There are some threads about it (posted in last 12mth) they might help you more. They posted some pic's too. They looked fantastic, especially compared to my humble cabin!

Aww I'm sure yours is gorgeous!
Yes I've always kept a close eye on those threads and have been reading though them all again, but it's more trying to find the right company that I'd like to know about, there are so many!

It's either a summerhouse/ log cabin or converting the detached garage, whichever is easier really x

Might be worth getting some quotes for your garage so you can compare. I just had our garage converted into a dining room and had to have a whole new roof amongst other things! I thought that for the amount of work needed it worked out fairly reasonably priced. Your garage might be preferable if you already have electric and water to it. Just check with local planning office before you commit.

Hopefully some other geeks can recommend some other companies for you. I spent hours on google shopping around, worth a try if you have some spare time.

Might be worth getting some quotes for your garage so you can compare. I just had our garage converted into a dining room and had to have a whole new roof amongst other things! I thought that for the amount of work needed it worked out fairly reasonably priced. Your garage might be preferable if you already have electric and water to it. Just check with local planning office before you commit.

Hopefully some other geeks can recommend some other companies for you. I spent hours on google shopping around, worth a try if you have some spare time.

Yes I've had a couple of quotes for my garage, unfortunately there's no water but there is power.
I'll need planning permission for either project, such a pain!
Thanks for your replies x

Latest posts

Back