Recovering after being at hospital

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beki89uk

Reaction score
Hiya, as the title says I've been in hospital today - having a flexible sigmoidoscopy. Has anyone ever had one? Xx

Ive never had it (had to google it) but it doesnt sound very nice

Hope you get better soon xx

Hi beki, I've had a sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy done. How are you feeling? I was awake for the sigmoidoscopy but was sedated for the colonoscopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope your feeling better. I am awaiting an appointment for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. Will be fully sedated for both. Not looking forward to the cleansing of the system prior to the colonoscopy :-/

Sent from my GT-I9305T using SalonGeek

Ive had a couple of colonoscopys due to chronic IBS and if you have been given clean prep to take make sure you add juice to it (not black current) or make a jelly with it otherwise it can taste a bit nasty!

It starts works really quickly so beware of this!!!'

No matter how bad you feel you must try And finish all 4 sachets otherwise the procedure can't go ahead.

Thanks everyone, I had an enema which was given by a nurse at the hospital, I was awake for my procedure with no sedative :( it hurt me so much that they had to stop because my blood pressure went too high and I started having a panic attack :( defiantly have a sedative if you can! Luckily I'm all ok and nothing major to worry about :) xxx

My sister has severe Crohns disease and has had lots of procedures also a couple of large operations to remove parts for her bowel,
I have got ibs and a defiant wheat intolerance ,i regularly give my self enemas which really help,but the are not painful ,uncomfortable yes ,
Was it a colonic irrigation which gos much deeper ,hope you are recovering well :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Oh not pleasant at all.

I've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Both without sedation. I'm a nurse therefore decided on no sedation. If I were to have either one again or know anyone having one - I will always say go for the sedation. Oh and the prep is particularly unpleasant. Diluting juice defo helps just make sure there's no fibre in it.

Hope your results are all clear xx

Latest posts

Back