Recruiting Staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divabeauty21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here so hello all!!

I'm signing a lease for my own premises tomorrow to open a nail and beauty salon.

Can anyone tell me the best way to recruit a part time therapist? I'm a new business so money is tight but I'd hoped I could get a part time therapist who may have just qualified from college or beauty school.

Does anyone know if there is any help avaialable to pay wages ie; from Chamber of Commerce etc?

Thanks in advance x x

Hiya,
I'm sure everyone's experience is differnent when it comees to hiring, but I spent money on newspaper ads, some of the online beauty jobs sites etc, but wasn't really getting the employee with the skills I was after.
In the end, it was word of mouth/recommendation.
Good luck! x

Gumtree? That's the website I check most when I'm job hunting!

Or send some info to local colleges to try to snatch up some girls in their last year of study.

Hi all,

I would always recommend posters in store and online job posts. I certainly wouldn't pay for ad space until you really have to. I also have a query??

I am new too and very new to the world of beauty. I am a PR looking to start a beauty events/party business and wondered if some lovely experienced beauticians could give me some advice on what would be acceptable in terms of pay etc...I wondered if anyone had any experience with working for party companies or events? What would be the minimum you would work 1.5-2 hrs early on a Saturday or Friday eve etc. I am just trying to gage how attractive a bit of extra income would be along with being part of an exciting, well branded company. I am looking to provide kit, uniform etc for all my girls but as they will be travelling themselves I am usure of how well received extra work is?? I am looking to only recruit and book events in the South London area for a start.

Any advice would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks,

BB

Divabeauty21 you could consider recruiting an apprentice? If you google apprenticeship and/or search on here you will find the information. Obviously the hourly rate is less than nmw but you have to factor in your time in term of coaching and supervision.

You could also appoint via the jobcentre. It's free and you might be more likely to find newly qualified.

Alternatively, if money is an issue, have you considered advertising for someone self employed. They are probably more likely to work with you to grow the business.

Good luck

To get my staff I used:
  • Job Centre Plus - free to advertise and you dont have to register as an employer for one job ad, direct.gov site
  • Poster in the window of the shop or local shops
  • Local college for graduates
  • Local training schools (non college) for graduates
    Not forgetting Facebook and Twitter

Latest posts

Back