Red hair problem -please can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukbloke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope nobody minds that I have joined just to ask for a little help, any advice would be hugely appreciated though please.

I'm naturally red-haired, and really don't like it. I consider myself reasonably fortunate in that I don't have 'orange' hair, and my skin isn't particularly pale etc., so from my own perspective, things could have been worse.

Anyway, I'm male and keep my hair fairly short (scissor cut by a local mens salon every two weeks), so my hair doesn't last very long as it is constantly being 'replaced'.

What I tend to do right now is dye my hair with a shop bought 'natural brown' colour every two weeks (same day/next day after it's been cut), and I am really happy with it for 2 or 3 days, but then the red tones start to return, and in bright light in particular I really dislike it.

Due to how quickly the hair grows and the frequency that it is cut, as I hope you can appreciate it is impractical/unaffordable for me to have it done professionally, so I wonder if anyone could recommend any options please?

Ideally I would keep my hair at it's natural 'darkness', or maybe a shade or two darker, just without the annoying red tones.

I would be forever grateful for a solution, and would be happy to send a 'reward' if appropriate.

Thank you in advance x

Hi everyone,

I hope nobody minds that I have joined just to ask for a little help, any advice would be hugely appreciated though please.

I'm naturally red-haired, and really don't like it. I consider myself reasonably fortunate in that I don't have 'orange' hair, and my skin isn't particularly pale etc., so from my own perspective, things could have been worse.

Anyway, I'm male and keep my hair fairly short (scissor cut by a local mens salon every two weeks), so my hair doesn't last very long as it is constantly being 'replaced'.

What I tend to do right now is dye my hair with a shop bought 'natural brown' colour every two weeks (same day/next day after it's been cut), and I am really happy with it for 2 or 3 days, but then the red tones start to return, and in bright light in particular I really dislike it.

Due to how quickly the hair grows and the frequency that it is cut, as I hope you can appreciate it is impractical/unaffordable for me to have it done professionally, so I wonder if anyone could recommend any options please?

Ideally I would keep my hair at it's natural 'darkness', or maybe a shade or two darker, just without the annoying red tones.

I would be forever grateful for a solution, and would be happy to send a 'reward' if appropriate.

Thank you in advance x

Sorry but your not a pro and no one on here will recommend an over the counter product. We are professional, and this industry is our baby, we work tirelessly to make it as good as it is today, we also work hard and charge accordingly, although if it is as short as I imagine a good salon will charge accordingly xoxo

Thank you for taking the time to reply Tomme, I am sincerely sorry that I misunderstood the nature of the forum, I truly didn't realise it was for professionals only, and fully understand if you would prefer not to assist.

Best wishes

Thank you for taking the time to reply Tomme, I am sincerely sorry that I misunderstood the nature of the forum, I truly didn't realise it was for professionals only, and fully understand if you would prefer not to assist.

Best wishes

The best I'm allowed to assist following site rules is recommend you call around salons and ask the price for your length hair.
If you were closer I would invite you to the salon to be able to give you a full consultation and a price xoxo

Best wishes

Do you want me to be honest? No? Well I'm going to be anyway. I find red hair on a man sexy, honestly nothing is more of a turn off to me then a man eho is ashamed of any aspect of his appearance. Embrace it, you will look far more confident and there is nothing hotter then confidence! Will your mates rib you for a while? Probably but so what? I get ribbed for my skinny legs, doesn't stop me wearing short skirts. I suppose you could say this is sexist but its positive discrimination for your own good :)

Do you want me to be honest? No? Well I'm going to be anyway. I find red hair on a man sexy, honestly nothing is more of a turn off to me then a man eho is ashamed of any aspect of his appearance. Embrace it, you will look far more confident and there is nothing hotter then confidence! Will your mates rib you for a while? Probably but so what? I get ribbed for my skinny legs, doesn't stop me wearing short skirts. I suppose you could say this is sexist but its positive discrimination for your own good :)

Lol I think redhead guys are often hot too. Xoxo

Wish my hair was naturally red haha I dye it myself red ;p

We mean copper thaigo. Xoxo

Well copper then No hah but would be easier to dye to red then like now its black sometime have to bleach ;p

Well thank you ladies, nice to hear some of you see it as a good thing - maybe I have it all wrong, but my guess has always been that women who like red hair are in the minority..?

p.s. your legs look rather wonderful to me CH :)

x

Latest posts

Back