Redness after eyebrow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollysRose

Reaction score
I had my eyebrows shaped for the very first time yesterday. They were waxed with hot wax (Just Wax - if I remember correctly). It wasn't painful, although I do have a high pain threshold, and everything seemed to go fine during the treatment. However, about an hour later I noticed just under the arch of my eyebrow it was quite red and felt heavy - as if pressure was being put on that area. As I've never been waxed before I thought it was normal. This morning I noticed that it looks like a scrape kind of injury in that area of my eyebrows, only a little on my left and a bit more intense on the right. It stings a bit and feels a bit warm when I touch it, I've covered the majority of the redness with makeup but it's still a bit red. It also looks a bit swollen, not much so nobody else has noticed, but I can see it when I look in the mirror. There was no after lotion put on after the wax and the remaining stickiness wasn't wiped off by the therapist.

Just wondering if this is normal for a first time wax? I'm not qualified in waxing .... yet!

Sounds like the wax possibly may have been too hot and it's lifted some skin, it's quite a sensitive area and some clients can react especially if it's your first time and then there are some clients that are very sensitive and react regardless....

The therapist should have applied some soothing products on your skin afterwards as well as cleaning up any residual stickiness left on the skin. You might find a little aloe Vera or witch hazel quite soothing or a little sudacream may help on the skin..

Thank you for your reply. It didn't feel too hot at the time, I'll put some aloe vera on. :)

Latest posts

Back