Reflexology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
I love reflexology and love doing my treatments.
Does anyone have any suggestions for further reading or a good chart I can work off. I have been doing it for 5 years and the treatment down to a tee but I'd love to be more advanced and be able to explain more in depth for people.
Thanks in advance xx

same here, id be interested to hear if you find anything. Im constantly searching and looking at case studies etc. Its one of those treatments you never stop learning about! X

Hiya, I do all my CPD through one day or two day courses. The ones at the Christie, Manchester, are excellent and attended by people from all over the country. They allow you to look at specific areas such as spinal injuries and reflexology or cancer care. I'm sure there are similar courses elsewhere.

There is a very good book called 'Clinical Reflexology - a guide for health professionals' by Peter Mackereth which is definitely worth reading.

Hiya, I do all my CPD through one day or two day courses. The ones at the Christie, Manchester, are excellent and attended by people from all over the country. They allow you to look at specific areas such as spinal injuries and reflexology or cancer care. I'm sure there are similar courses elsewhere.

There is a very good book called 'Clinical Reflexology - a guide for health professionals' by Peter Mackereth which is definitely worth reading.

Most definitely its so interesting.
Manchester is a little far for me but I will definitely look in yo book thank you.
Have you got aby interesting stories to share?
I had an experience recently where a client told me she had been more stressed than she had ever been before and she was usually quite laid back. Twenty minutes in and her right foot got red hot and went really really red. I asked was she ok and she said fine couldn't feel anything, I thought she was having a reaction to the oil but she said couldn't feel anything. I then said this might be a bit random but with your stress have you been angry and she said yes more than I've ever been in my life how do you know? I was like oh my god it's coming through in your feet, it was amazing

same here, id be interested to hear if you find anything. Im constantly searching and looking at case studies etc. Its one of those treatments you never stop learning about! X

Can beauty therapists who are already qualified in reflexology attend this?xx

I believe so - just give them a ring. They are a lovely bunch of people.

Can highly recommend Tony Porter's ART seminars .. absolutely brilliant! ( and a great way of networking with other reflexologists too )

Latest posts

Back