Registering a business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansypansy

Reaction score
Hiya! How do I register my business? Its a home salon with only me working there - I'l be starting in the summer X

Can you be a bit clearer on what you mean by registering? Have you registered with HRMC? Have you contacted your local council to let them know you are opening a business? Have you let your landlord/ mortgage provider know? Just some of the details you need to sort out for a home business x

Go to hmrc website & search "self employed". There will be links to register as S.E, sign up for online self assessment, set up your N.I payments etc etc x

This isn't relivant for you but may help other when doing a search, I found out this week that in N.Ireland you don't need to register with your council for a home salon unless you A - have a seperate entrance to the room you are using or B - if you are using needles of any kinds in your treatments.

When I contacted my local council they did tell me to contact hseni.gov.uk (the health and safety body) but upon contacting them, again I was advised as it is a home salon they have no interest in home salons as they accept that as it is your home your home will be safe. There only advice is to ensure your insurance covers a home salon.

Crazy - but for anyone in N.Ireland thinking of opening a home salon, at least you know there are currently no hoops for you to jump through unless you offer the likes of semi perm make-up or electrolysis.

Good luck with your home salon!

Latest posts

Back