Registering with the council?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOUNDATIONS

Reaction score
Mmm here's.s one for you all... Do you have to register electrolysis with your local council? I know they have issues regarding ear piercing and tattooing as you are piercing the skin, but with electolysis we are not we are going into a hole that is already there which the hair is coming out of! Can anyone shed any light on this matter as I've had a letter from the council and not quite sure how to respond.. I have been doing this treatment for a number of years now with no problem.. I do have person insurance which I thought was suffice.. So I'm a bit stumped to say the least. And any answers or advice would me good.

What does the letter say?
This will be a rule that varies from council to council so it's a case of if your council say you have to have it, you have to.

I think it's the disposal of sharps that is the issue. Some councils want all beauty to be registered and request certain qualifications so I suppose it depends on what the letter says, but at a guess I would say you have to register.

Vic x

Have a look at your councils website at beauty licensing and see what it says. Each council is different unfortunately x

The council where my business is requires licensing foe electrolysis. It comes under one umbrella (ear piercing/electrolysis /tattooing). Although we know electrolysis doesn't pierce the skin,the wording on the guidelines states treatments which pierce/are likely to pierce/run the risk of piercing, which is possible with electrolysis (it shouldnt-but it is possible) and therefore its to do with risk of infection,hygiene facilities available at your place of work, sterilisaion methods undertaken (my local council states I must use disposable needles and steri swaps),and disposable of sharps and contaminated waste. If you have been sent a letter I assume they are requiring you to now register,there may be a fee (mine was £138). Once you have filled in the paperwork they will arrange to come out and look at your premises (checking for the hygiene etc as stated above). Hope that helps xx

Latest posts

Back