Regrets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
I had a girl who did L&P enhancements in the salon about 8 years ago and when she left I just dropped them off the service menu as I had no interest in them at that time myself ....

I believe things happen for a reason and am very happy that I have built my enhancement clientele up so well in 18 months BUT I cannot help but think some times .....if only I had picked up where she had left off where would I be now?

So far in your nail career what is your biggest regret?

Not doing it sooner!!

I did the city rat race until I was 40 and practically burnt out before I realised that life was too short not to be doing something you loved so packed it all in to go back to college and learn beauty and nails and I soooo wish I'd been doing it longer. I'm 50 this year and am enjoying myself so much that I can't believe I wasted so much time.

As far as my business goes, I've been very lucky that there is nothing I regret but wish I had more money to do alot more courses to improve.

Good thread

H xx

Waiting too long to get into nails which I have always loved as not long after my first course, I found out I was pregnant! But hey ho, I've done it now so have used the time to train, practice and research so I can throw myself into it once baby is older and my eldest is at school.

You can never predict how things will pan out so I do believe things happen for a reason :)

Waiting 25+ years to pursue my dream career - have now booked my Gelish 101 Introductory Course for March and intend to make up for lost time :lol:

Not sticking with it!

I trained in nails 6 years ago, I already had a full time job in office work but always had a passion for nails so did a course. After buying my first home & having a baby with my fiancé nails got left behind as I just couldn't get my speed up & dedicate enough time to it.
I discovered Gelish in June last year and fell in love with the world of nails again. I am now much more confident and constantly researching and trying to build on what I know & will hopefully be able to do more courses in the future.
I think if you enjoy something enough you will always come back to it :)
Good luck with building your business, sounds like you've done really well so don't regret it xx

My biggest regret is actually learning spray tanning.

I have just sold my kit and stopped doing them.

It might be different in a salon situation but working from home, it was always a pain.

Took about 45 mins by the time I'd set up and wrestled tent down again after

I also found that because the trainer told my model (whose custom and whose family's custom would have been a big source of income for me) that the tans only cost £2-3 to do so it was a massive moneymaker, of course she hardly ever had a tan unless it was hugely discounted. Never mind the hundreds I paid out for the products and training :rolleyes:

Overspray problem, not massive but enough to turn flat surfaces in my lounge tan coloured, ie fireplace, windowsill etc. For this reason I never did it mobile as I didn't feel I could.

I took all advice for overspray problems but couldn't eliminate it completely.

Glad to see the back of it, tbh. :lol:

Not sticking with it!

I trained in nails 6 years ago, I already had a full time job in office work but always had a passion for nails so did a course. After buying my first home & having a baby with my fiancé nails got left behind as I just couldn't get my speed up & dedicate enough time to it.
I discovered Gelish in June last year and fell in love with the world of nails again. I am now much more confident and constantly researching and trying to build on what I know & will hopefully be able to do more courses in the future.
I think if you enjoy something enough you will always come back to it :)
Good luck with building your business, sounds like you've done really well so don't regret it xx

Same here, I finished nail school in '05 and procrastinated on getting licensed because of my full time job. I finally took my practicals in '06 but stopped doing nails because of my job and baby. I'm finally getting back to it(nails)! Wish I would've stuck with it :-/

Latest posts

Back