Removal of acrylic overlay - help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salwal83

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I had a client the other night who had an acrylic colour overlay over her natural nail (done by a Chinese nail bar)

She wanted this removing and a clear gel overlay.

I buffed/filed the top layer off and then soaked (cotton will, foil) each finger for 20 mins... This did nothing! I repeated the process and tried buffing filing at it but it was so hard to break it down it just wouldn't budge, the cotton wool was sticking to the acrylic and it was a complete mess. It took me over 2 hours just to remove and it still wasn't all off!

Her natural nails were really long and she wanted to keep the length I really struggled to get the acrylic off and left her with a little bit still on as I did not want to ruin her natural nails as they seemed so thin they was literally bending when I filed with virtually no pressure!

I ended up leaving a bit of acrylic on and then overlaying with gel as I so worried I might cause harm to her natural nails or even break one! It didn't look great though you could see the join if that makes sense!

I've not had loads of experience soaking/filing off overlays and my question is does anyone have any helpful tips advice on removal?

Thanks in advance!!

xx

Forgot to mention the girl is now slating me saying I have ruined her nails!

Honestly i wouldnt have removed them, you could have done an amazing removal but because the nails were probably weak and damaged from the NSS you would still get the blame xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks I'm regretting it now! suppose ill learn from experience!

This is why I now refuse to remove another techs work, the client never sees the damage done at the time of application, just when you remove it :evil:

I think this is what I'm going to have to do from now on!

Thanks for all your comments! xx

This is why I now refuse to remove another techs work, the client never sees the damage done at the time of application, just when you remove it :evil:

I agree, i always try to advise and educate my clients, new & existing ones...
I will infill but won't remove, i also wont take accept responsibility for the state of natural nails under the original enhancements - I add this to their consultation forms and get them to sign it.
Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Latest posts

Back