Removing client's Shellac and unfortunately mine, too!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Does anyone have any handy tips to stop me wrecking my own Shellac when removing a clients? I was sporting a rather nice Brisa Lite manicure but during removal of my clients Shellac I have inadvertently removed my own from the free edge :( I use the plastic back pads which help but its during the wrapping that i seem to get covered! I tried using latex gloves but the dsolve, well basically dissolved the tips of the gloves!

I like to keep my nails looking good as obviously we are our best advertisements so any advice gratefully received :)

Try nitrile gloves! i use these during removal. i also know techs that use tweezers to saturate and place the cotton

Thank you for your speedy reply! I will give them a go.... I usually keep my nails polish free as I do a lot of facials but the Brisa Lite smoothing gel is so natural looking that I want to wear it all the time :)

I wear a pair of pink marigolds for removal :Love:

I use tweezers, cotton buds, anything that can avoid me touching solutions, only use gloves if I really have to.

I would also advise nitrile gloves. I wear 2 gloves on my right hand the one I work with and seems to do the trick and 1 on my left.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you for your help geeks!

Off to order some nitrile gloves and re-do my nails :)

Latest posts

Back